round and round...

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

I'm not out of the running yet!


Married to the Sea is the new site by Drew & Natalie Dee. They're funny. This new site is funny, too. The links to their individual sites are at the bottom of my "click this" list at the right, in case you want a laugh or twelve.



I was shutting everything down here at the roach and ant-infested office (I really, really wish that weren't true) last night and I decided to check my email one last time just in case the people from the jobby job wrote to me telling me how much they love and adore me (seemed to be the theme of this weekend, it was worth a shot). Lo and behold there was, indeed, an email from the very cool vice prez letting me know they're still in the midst of the decision making process and they plan on wrapping it up by Wednesday. She apologized for the delay and said she'd be in touch soon. The tone was very casual and friendly. I really appreciated that extra effort (most places don't keep candidates informed in the slightest), and I see it as a sign that I'm not entirely out of the running. Because of course I had myself convinced by 10AM yesterday that I would be getting a "thanks, but no thanks" call at any moment. Heaven forbid I give myself an iota of credit when it really counts, you know. The man made a good point last night - he said that she may not have even sent anything to the other 2 prospects, and that until she gives me reason not to, I should take it as a friendly little shout-out to let me know I've got a good shot. Whether or not it's true, that's what I'm telling myself. It lets me not obsess quite so passionately for the time being.

Work-related side note: Cuban Lady is playing Andrea Boccelli. Sounds like an innocuous musical accompaniment to the day, right? It's not - not when you consider that she's been playing it a bit too loudly since yesterday morning and I can't handle that much Italian operatic stuff for an extended period of time. She's going to lunch soon and I'm going to unplug her radio.

Work-related side note #2 (gem from last week):
Me: *sneeze, sneeze*
Cuban Lady: You sneeze like a little dog.
Me: (cheerful tone, smile on face) You look like you got hit in the face with a bat. We even now?

5 What people are saying:

Blogger The Rover rambles...

Can't you just put her radio on a hip hop station - and then break off the knob? Actually, I'm kind of torn between (a) picking a station you enjoy and (b) picking a station that she will absolutely HATE (that's why I picked hip hop).

And your man's right. Think of it as a shout-out. No one gives shout-outs to people they don't like.

3/07/2006 12:49:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

You are brilliant. She's back early from lunch, but you better believe that tomorrow, she's going to get a dose of hip hop. I can't wait to tell her that Three Six Mafia won an Oscar.

3/07/2006 01:04:00 PM

 
Blogger Fish rambles...

too much! all in one go, I want to be serious and say of course they want you - she only got in touch to make sure that you weren't taken already...

...but I really want to send blogapplause for the bat joke!!

3/08/2006 10:06:00 AM

 
Blogger Minnesota Nice rambles...

HA! I laughed out loud at that last one!

3/08/2006 10:40:00 AM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

I wish I actually said that to her. What I really said was, "Shut up." Not nearly as funny, but I did have a smile on my face as I looked her in the eye while I said it.

3/08/2006 11:12:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home