round and round...

Monday, February 27, 2006

There's that thing about balance again...



















Good and bad. Yin and yang. Ebb and flow. Laverne and Shirley.

  • I've got a second interview Thursday morning: good.
  • I already bought my ticket: good.
  • I'm nervous about the "creative thinking/problem-solving test" I have to take because it's nothing I can prepare for since it's just all in my head: bad.
  • I know I'll do well, I've been doing this for years: good.
  • I have no clue what to wear, got an email confirming meeting time that said that business casual was totally fine: bad (too many choices).
  • This weekend was wonderful: good.
  • I got to see Kristie: good.
  • She clownified my house (pictures of scary clowns under my pillow, stuffed in my bedding, stuck in my boot, etc.): bad (but funny).
  • Closing on our house is scheduled for tomorrow, but no one has heard from the buyer since last Monday: bad.
  • Buyer has until next Monday to have his financing completely ready or he forfeits his $5k deposit to the man: good.
  • That deposit it will go directly to the roof since we haven't had it replaced because the buyer offered a lower price with the condition that he'd fix the roof: bad.
  • Roofing crews are still booked months in advance because of hurricane season: bad.
  • I'm having problems with a friend in NYC who needs some sense knocked into him: bad.
  • I love my roommates: good.
  • South Dakota is dangerously close to banning most abortions: bad.
  • It felt great to wake up next to the man this morning: good.

9 What people are saying:

Blogger Melissa rambles...

It's held in escrow, dahlink. It was a cashier's check, the escrow agent holds the funds in a neutral account until closing. The money's there. Don't worry. :)

2/27/2006 11:47:00 AM

 
Blogger Fish rambles...

well, working on the principle that nothing I can say will seem as deeply depressing as Kristie's comment - it seems mostly good, doesn't it, or should I go back and have a re-read?

The whole smart-casual thing is a minefield isn't it. Even for social stuff, where everyone else has decided that it means a visit to Prada?

2/27/2006 11:48:00 AM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

I know, Colin! What's with that? When did smart casual become going out and buying something special to out do the others? Weird. I think I'll go with some tweed trousers and a jacket or sweater. Nothing new neccessary. Luckily, these people have never seen my wardrobe, so everything is new to them. And they did compliment me on my plum velvet jacket... good sign. :)

2/27/2006 11:54:00 AM

 
Blogger Fish rambles...

shoes - must remember shoes!!

2/27/2006 12:03:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Very good point. I think I'll pack those first this time. ;) Thanks, Col!

2/27/2006 12:22:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

No, toast w/butter & jam is good. Escrow is boring. But at least that dude's money is there.

2/27/2006 01:04:00 PM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

I think as far as your attire goes wear something that makes you FEEL GOOD. That way you will exude confidence! Works for me

2/27/2006 01:21:00 PM

 
Blogger Jenn rambles...

I hate 'business casual'. Too much guess work.

That's why my team dresses in plain old casual until I get word that the upper-ups are coming. Then it's dressy. As if anyone notices.

I'm saying if someone put a single picture of a clown anywhere around me - it would be very bad. There isn't anything more frightening than a clown. To me anyway. Unless it's a picture of Fish's knee. Maybe.

2/27/2006 10:24:00 PM

 
Blogger Fish rambles...

you leave my knobbly bits out of this young lady or I'll Co-Co you!

2/28/2006 10:29:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home