round and round...

Friday, February 24, 2006

Sometimes it really is actually this good...

Interview this morning went very well. Very well, indeed. So well that they called me 2 hours after I left and asked me to come back next week to meet with a few more people for a final interview and a little creative problem solving test. 8 candidates were brought in, 3 are coming back, I'm one. And let's face it - I'm clearly the best one, so my chances are good. Seriously though, this interview was great. The women I met with were wonderful, the corporate culture in the office is nurturing and friendly, the company has a rare solid history of growth, and I can see myself working with this team. Next Thursday morning at 8:30 I'll be back there, wowing them again with my wit, charm and skill. Those things plus my great tits and uncanny fashion sense, of course.

Bonus: all 3 people I met with today were wearing jeans & sweaters and I got a confirmation email about next week's interview that said business casual attire is totally fine. Awesome. I looked great in my purple velvet blazer & new dressy, black pants this morning, but next week I can wear a jacket & casual slacks and still be entirely appropriate. I love that.

Not only have I had a wonderful day in terms of business/career stuff, but I've seen friends I haven't seen in months and I'm loving this cold weather. Now I'm off to have a cup of tea with my girls - and then pass out with Kristie. We're some tired girls tonight.

5 What people are saying:

Blogger Jenn rambles...

YAY!!!! That's so cool. I love it when things work out right.

While you probably don't need it...good luck next week!

2/25/2006 10:29:00 AM

 
Blogger Red rambles...

Happy belated blogiversary! I loved your timeline, too.

2/26/2006 02:28:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

WOOHOO! Of COURSE you're going to get it, b/c you kick some serious bottom bebe ;)
Rach

2/26/2006 04:14:00 PM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

Good luck with the job (not that is sounds like you need it)! Glad to hear someone's life is going well and you are so happy. Happiness rocks!

2/27/2006 10:02:00 AM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Thanks, guys! All the encouragement makes me feel great!

2/27/2006 11:34:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home