round and round...

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

That's me creating my own good vibrations. If you could all create some of your own (I know I've sent you all on a vibe kick lately, but this'll be the last time I ask for awhile, promise) I'd really truly super duper appreciate it.

2nd interview went well. The little creative exercise I was so freaked out about was actually something I've done before, and I think I nailed it. I hope I nailed it. I feel like I nailed it, so for now I'm going on the assumption that I, indeed, nailed it. Again, the people are great, the position is great, the company is great - and I WANT THIS JOB.

They said they'll be in touch in a couple of days. So now I wait. And what does Melissa do while she waits? She obsesses, of course!

In order to get me out of my own head for a bit, Julie and I are going into the city a little later to go to the MAC store. Makeup always makes me feel good, so a little makeup shopping, a little martini drinking, and I will be one happy camper. I'll let you know what crazy eye shadow color I end up with.

P.S. The man's father is in the hospital. He's having some tests run. Right now there's no way to tell what the deal is, we're operating under the assumption that it's not major, but we just don't know yet. Let me edit the above plea for vibes - send them to the man and the man's dad. Anything left over I'll take. That's a much better plan.

9 What people are saying:

Blogger The Rover rambles...

Vibes will be forthcoming.

Have fun at MAC - they're usually not nice to me there. I mean, I'm always uncomfortable/awkward when I have to buy make-up, anyway, but they never seem to help matters. Maybe the ladies assume that I'm just there to hit on them...

3/02/2006 04:45:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

I think they figure you're a drag queen or a cross dresser and they're bummed that such a fine specimen of a man doesn't want them. Oh well, their loss. Just act super gay next time you're in there. They'll be sweet as sugar. Typical double standard...

3/02/2006 04:50:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

Hearts out to the Man Pop (hee hee I just got that), & MAC has this AMAZING burgundy eyeshadow shade. Hope you @ least tried it. It's metallic. Je l'aime.
I would come over after work b/c it's uber icy in Jersey, but I need betetr shoes & have a lot of PTTP work to do tonight. Let's you & me grab a martini sometime soon though eh?
xo
Rach

3/02/2006 05:43:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Rach - martinis are in order for sure. We ended up postponing MAC 'til tomorrow. Laying around under afghans on the couch was way too good to leave. Metallic burgundy, eh? I'll have to give that one a try...

The Firey One - thanks, lady. It means a lot coming from you. Tests showed nothing life threatening. Meds are being adjusted now, hopefully he'll be OK to go home after some observation. It's just scary not to know.

3/02/2006 10:01:00 PM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzttttt I am sending all the positive, healing vibes I can possibly muster up this morning. And I hope you drank a chocolate martini or a cosmopolitan for me!

3/03/2006 09:27:00 AM

 
Blogger Sapphire rambles...

Good luck with the job. I'm anxious to hear when you get it.

xx

3/03/2006 09:48:00 AM

 
Blogger Jenn rambles...

Oh yeah - definitely sending good vibes your way.

3/03/2006 10:01:00 AM

 
Blogger Fish rambles...

The three of us shall get together this evening and have a vibe jam to send in your direction - so don't be alarmed if you hear a few grrrrs and growls in your head later on (and even some dog noises)

3/03/2006 11:17:00 AM

 
Blogger Deadly Female rambles...

Vibes on their way. Oh and Mac is good! Can you believe that my 9 yr old possesses 3 Mac eyeshadows? Don't ask, you're better off not knowing. Let me just say that they have great staying power and vivid colours. xx

3/05/2006 11:08:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home