round and round...

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Rage, Rage Against the Disappointment


The job folks told me I'd hear from them on Wednesday. Unless my calendar has been switched by a crusty, old, evil meiser with lots of hideous warts as a cruel, cruel joke, today is Wednesday. The time is now 7:26PM EST. Which means that for most business purposes Wednesday is over. The middle day of the week, hump day as it were, has come and gone with no word from the job folks. The job folks are making me question myself. The job folks are contributing to my uncertainty and insecurity. Should it be that way? No, silly me! I should retain my confidence no matter what, but the thing is - I've done well in the interview process and I've got a good shot at getting an offer... and I haven't heard from them yet. That part sucks balls. Stinky sweaty ones that really need a shower.

I want a martini.

5 What people are saying:

Blogger Minnesota Nice rambles...

They just haven't called because they got caught up in blogging at their desks today and fell behind.

You can still have the martini though :)

3/08/2006 07:43:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

HA! Oh, Sandra, thanks for that laugh. You're probably right. Wish I had some vodka... damnit.

3/08/2006 07:54:00 PM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

I am sure there is a perfecly good explanation for then and you will have good news tomorrow but hey have a martini (or two or three) for me! Not giving up, they will call

3/08/2006 08:28:00 PM

 
Blogger Fish rambles...

which bloody idiot said "it's better to travel in hope...", tosser.

I'll be recrossing things again so 'scuse the typos

3/09/2006 04:53:00 AM

 
Blogger Jenn rambles...

Ok...it's Thursday now. Maybe they meant Thursday.

Fingers still crossed for you.

3/09/2006 11:02:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home