round and round...

Thursday, March 09, 2006

String me along, I like it!

So, yes - it's Thursday. As Jenn commented this morning "Maybe they meant Thursday...". And Miss Fire said she'd kill them for me, which was wonderfully sweet! Well, as I sat here about an hour ago, trying not to be neurotic (and failing, as usual) my phone rang. It was the VP I interviewed with who wrote me the email telling me I'd hear from them on Wednesday. She apologized profusely for the delay (which was endearing) and said that getting all 3 of the decision makers to sit down with one another has been difficult because they've been so swamped (read: blogging too much, right Sandra?). They're now checking references, so would I be so kind as to send her a couple of names & numbers? I conferred with my references (meaning I called them and ordered them to talk me up) and sent the email. She said if I don't hear back this afternoon that I'll hear tomorrow. Hmm. OK.

It's good that they called, good that they're checking references. If I had been booted from the "possible new hire" list, they probably wouldn't bother to check me out. So now it's back to being neurotic. I'm so damn good at that.

5 What people are saying:

Blogger Pam rambles...

Since I can't handle vodka (sorry), I'll have a glass, ok, bottle, of red in your honor tonight.

Sending you good vibes for all the best...Cheers!

3/09/2006 12:57:00 PM

 
Blogger The Rover rambles...

Wow. I think I'm as nervous as you are...

But you're gonna get it. Trust me.

3/09/2006 01:54:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

OK, Kristie's going to chat me up (it truly is convenient to have your best pal as a past co-worker), Pam's going to drink some great French red for me, Miss Fire's still going to kill them for me if they don't call, and K Lance is convinced I'm in. So for now, I'm convinced I'm in, I just have to wait to hear that from them. Alrighty then, I can handle this. I can totally handle this.

3/09/2006 02:04:00 PM

 
Blogger Pam rambles...

Absolutely!
(gawd this cabernet is good)

3/09/2006 02:09:00 PM

 
Blogger Fish rambles...

tell me when I can uncross Toffee and Charlie, they're uncomfortably dog knotted - oo, that doesn't sound right does it...

3/09/2006 03:22:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home