round and round...

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

The Things Left Unsaid

List ten things you want to say to people you know but you never will, for whatever reason.

Don't say who they are. Use each person only once. Post is and pass it on.


Colin has thrown down the gauntlet for the little mission listed above. I think it's a worthy exercise and I'm going to try to do it justice.

1) I wish you'd stop complaining about him to me and get some couples therapy or something. At the very least, make a friend to use as a sounding board. He's my father, your problems with him are yours, not mine. I shouldn't have to know how much he disappoints you.

2) I hope you can get past this trauma. It's poisoning you and your refusal to get help is hurting everyone. We can't help you unless you want to be helped. Don't let this kill you, too.

3) You're beautiful, absolutely brilliant and astonishingly articulate. I'd like to be more like you and less like me sometimes.

4) You need to let go of your jealousy and start being true to yourself or you'll never be happy. Once you come to terms with your insides, your outsides will follow suit.

5) I hope you quit smoking sometime soon. I know I'm not the healthiest person, but I have fear that you'll get sick like Dana Reeve (who didn't even smoke) and be taken away from me at much too young an age. I don't know how strong I can be without you and I don't ever want to find out what it's like to live with only half a soul.

6) (sorry, this one is gross) I was at your house once and got really sick. I had explosive diarrhea in your shower and that's what took me so long to get ready - I was cleaning the tub.

7) I'm sorry I didn't give you a chance. I'll have some sadness about that for a long time. I'm also glad I didn't, because it never would have worked.

8) I compare every man to you. Most of the time they're much better.

9) Those jokes you tell don't really make anyone laugh. We all just feel bad for you.

10) I know you're gay.

So, there you have it.

6 What people are saying:

Blogger Melissa rambles...

Well, that's sooner than never, so I'm happy about that.

3/14/2006 01:22:00 PM

 
Blogger Fish rambles...

If you ever stay at my house we are eating very simply.

I'm not convinced that you won't actually say some of these things at some point in the future? You know, given the moment...

3/15/2006 05:38:00 AM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Colin, given the moment there are all sorts of things I'll say or not depending on the mood. As of now, I'm not planning on saying any of them. Well, I'd say #5 (and pretty much have in one sense of another). But that's it.

The man asked me who some of them were meant for. I didn't answer. :)

3/15/2006 11:38:00 AM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Please, Di. Feel free! Hahaha

3/15/2006 12:51:00 PM

 
Blogger Minnesota Nice rambles...

I know that guy from #8. Maybe we all know that guy from #8.

3/15/2006 02:13:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

I commend your poop story. I have no idea who that was for, but DAMN girl you ARE brave!

3/15/2006 07:02:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home