round and round...

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Catching up, tripping over

Yesterday I went to the beach and sufficiently fried myself to a lovely pink shade. This morning I found an ant in my bowl of peanut butter Cap'n Crunch... after I had already eaten half of it. I tripped over Duke when I was headed to the door to take him out and fell flat on my face. Today marks a full week of being unemployed. Which makes it interesting that Boss Lady called me at 8AM just to say hello. Um, it was 8AM and I'm not working. Why did she think that was a good time to call me? Truth be told I was awake and had been for a good half hour, but that's beside the point. It was 8AM!!! The only good part is that my new phone plays James Blunt's "You're Beautiful" when it rings and it's nice to be serenaded like that - at any hour.

I'm determined to make the rest of today a positive experience. I'll start by posting a few pics from my trip to NYC in late January. Then I'll get a cup of fresh coffee, unpack a few more boxes, and maybe walk to the grocery to get some change so I can do laundry later. Yay, laundry!





Year of the dog, yo! China town is so great. (Patti, just ignore the ducks in the windows)

I've made my peace with this place. I went there 1/27 and said a little prayer, took some deep breaths, and let out all my negative energy associated with the L.E.S. I can go there without the tight feeling in my chest now. I know Nicole was there watching.

I love the train. I do. It's the common denominator of the city. This is what you see as you come above ground on the F train headed into the city right before you can look left and see the Statue Of Liberty. I say hello to her every day when I'm there.

I hope he's going to like being a city dog.

5 What people are saying:

Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

At least you have "a plan" and that's good! Wonder why boss lady called?.... i'm suspicious like that

3/23/2006 10:16:00 AM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

I was suspicious when I saw the # pop up on my phone, too, Patti! She misses the hell out of me because no one else who goes into that position will give 2 shits about the job, and now she's realizing she treated me like dog doodoo and perhaps she should have been less of a psycho schitzo. Hindsight is so 20/20!

3/23/2006 11:57:00 AM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Thank you, di. I can always use a dose of perspective! WOW you are SO RIGHT!!!!! LOL

3/23/2006 12:37:00 PM

 
Blogger The Rover rambles...

I found a rock in my rice at PF Chang's last night, so I can totally relate. Except that the rock wasn't alive. And I actually put it into my mouth. That didn't feel too good.

As for good thoughts, just remind yourself where you're headed soon...

3/23/2006 01:50:00 PM

 
Blogger Minnesota Nice rambles...

That's a very handsome hound...he won't mind the city if you can find him some green places to run around. I bet there are nice dog parks.

3/23/2006 02:02:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home