round and round...

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Made it

I'm here. In Brooklyn, that is. Home sweet home. I got through airport security this morning in less than 5 minutes. I got out of the car, curb checked my bags, went straight through security (no line at all) and didn't even get patted down. I thought for sure I'd get flagged for additional security screening because of the one way ticket, but nope! I still can't believe I brought everything I need in 4 bags. That's including my sewing machine and shoes! It's truly a shocking accomplishment. This girl is pretty happy with her pared-down mindset.

What she's not so thrilled with is leaving the man and the Duke back in Miami for a couple months. I miss them already. But like the man said, he's sad I'm gone, but he's glad about it as well. Glad because it's forward motion, it's progression, it's getting us one step closer to both being up here and it gets me back in my element. All true and all valid. (it still sucks to be apart from the one you love)

Believe it or not, I have nothing to bitch about. Really. Nothing. Not even a little complaint is warranted. My travel was stress-free. The flight was smooth. Kristie kept me phone company on the ride from the airport and made me laugh like mad. I got to the house and had a delicious sushi lunch with my amazing roommates. I'm totally unpacked already. My closet looks fabulous. Both girls are out (J has rehearsal and S's cutie girlfriend is taking her on a real "date night") and I've got the house to myself. Just me & Petey the Super Turtle. I'm in my room, the lights are low, I've got 2 yummy smelling candles lit, I'm sitting on my bed and I'm relishing in all the charms of my life. I'm still unemployed and I need to find a house for us all and my man lives at the other end of the country, but all in all I've got it so damn good. I do. I've got love and support of friends and family who mean the world to me. I'm in the city that I adore more than any other. I'm 28 and healthy for goodness sake!

This picture sums up how I'm feeling in terms of intelligence right now. After all the excitement and fervor of the last couple weeks I feel as if my brains are slightly scrambled. I'm going to make a cup of tea and ponder what I want to have for dinner.

P.S. I may very well have landed my part-time gig already and I've not even been here 7 hours. I'll know tomorrow afternoon. *grin*

4 What people are saying:

Blogger Melissa rambles...

WHAT? OMG is he going to TX? OMG OMG OMG

3/29/2006 09:07:00 PM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

Best of luck Hon! Glad it went well for you and you are back in your element :) Duke & The man will be there before you know it!

3/30/2006 09:43:00 AM

 
Blogger Fish rambles...

Home is where the heart is....

apparently

3/30/2006 10:21:00 AM

 
Blogger Bright-Eyes rambles...

Welcome back to nyc!

rock on, rock hard.

3/30/2006 05:18:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home