round and round...

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Settling in, little by little

This is one of our stained glass windows. Pretty, isn't it?

This morning I got up at the buttcrack of dawn and went to the laundry. Took a walk, put the laundry away, unpacked 5 boxes, rearranged the sewing studio furniture. Realized I need to get a sewing desk pronto.

There's something cleansing about a new space. A fresh start, a new chance to organize yourself better, a change. If only that change didn't involve the addition of a screaming toddler every morning at 6:15... it's OK, if that's all I have to swallow for living here I can deal-a-meal.

Funny neighborhood moment: I was sitting on the stoop (best part of Brooklyn - the stoop) earlier talking to my friend, Renee, on the phone when a man walked past. As he passed, he said, "Oh my god, a sexy girl in my neighborhood! When did this happen? Nobody told me." It was actually funny. Even funnier since I was the biggest grub bucket this side of the Mississippi. A few hours of laundry and unpacking layered on top of a an unshowered, sweatpant-wearing Melissa doesn't make for a pretty sight. But hey - it's in the eye of the beholder, right?

2 What people are saying:

Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

Hey take those compliments where you can get them sweetie! :)

5/08/2006 12:12:00 PM

 
Blogger Jenn rambles...

That's right...he must be one of those guys that likes 'em 'au naturel'....

Glad you're getting settled.

5/08/2006 01:47:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home