round and round...

Friday, April 07, 2006

Being sad es no bueno


I'm sad. I am. Sad is exactly how to describe me today. Here's the nutshell version of my day:














  • I spent 8 hours apartment hunting with S and saw one place we liked.
  • Said place is way the hell out in Brooklyn and the train line it's on doesn't run express after 8PM or at all on weekends. We'd be an hour outside Manhattan. No go. Back to square one.
  • The man was offered a fantastic job today.
  • Said job is in Miami. It pays very well, it's work that he loves, with an agency that will open doors for him for years to come, he can transfer to the NYC office in about 8 months. He's taking it.
  • We'll be apart another 8 months... at least.
  • Apartment search has been revised for just the girls & me.
  • I've gotten no calls about any of the resumes I've sent in the past month.

I just want to catch a break. I want to get to the point where things are going well, truly well, and the floor doesn't give way below me.

6 What people are saying:

Blogger The Rover rambles...

Just hang in there. You'll catch a break soon.

4/07/2006 09:31:00 PM

 
Blogger L. Britt rambles...

I'm so sorry, boo. Remember, it's all about balance. You are back in the city you love, and the universe is clearing your schedule so that you'll be able to take the opportunity of a lifetime. And we get to hang out!

P.S. If it makes you feel better, I made a fool of myself yesterday. My story will make you feel better...I promise.

4/08/2006 02:09:00 PM

 
Blogger Jenn rambles...

It sucks to be sad. I'm sorry things are so hard right now.

Soon, things will be so good, you'll forget how sad you were. That's what I always find, anyway. I hope it's true for you too!

4/08/2006 09:27:00 PM

 
Blogger Bright-Eyes rambles...

Try to keep your chin up!

What helps me when I am in one of these moods is just stoping and doing something I love.
Like a games night with friends. Or, you know, drink a bottle of wine...I mean, um...share a bottle of wine...

4/09/2006 05:09:00 PM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

Awwww i'm sad that you are sad Melissa. It sucks. I hope you are feeling better soon!

4/10/2006 09:23:00 AM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Thanks, guys. Really. I appreciate the cheering on.

4/10/2006 10:27:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home