round and round...

Friday, March 31, 2006

Hello, my old friend

Hangover. How I know you. We haven't crossed paths in quite some time, but our brief meeting this morning lets me know you still care. Your light touch as I awoke with a headache proved once again that no matter how long between visits, you still remember me and come to call every now and then.

It's funny that a few drinks can give me a headache the next morning. I'm no lush, I like a glass or two of wine with a good meal, a nice martini, a couple Hendricks and tonics now and then. I don't get smashed. Well, every once in awhile I admit to a drunken night. But last night wasn't one of them. My HS friend and I went to dinner (fabulous Italian - yum!), had a martini with our meals. Then we met some friends at Underbar (the bar at the W Hotel Union Square) and I had a few gin and tonics (no Hendricks, they were out, bah) over the course of about 3 hours. Plenty of time to metabolize the gin. I didn't even feel tipsy at any point. When I got home I drank 2 big glasses of water (my nightly routine regardless of alcohol intake, I just like to be hydrated), got a good night's sleep, and woke up with a pounding in my brain that apparently cannot be appeased with ibuprofen. Oww.

Oh New York, your welcome home gathering has given me the warm fuzzies and I'm so glad to be back. Next time, just conveniently forget to send the invitation to Hangover. No one really likes him anyway.

1 What people are saying:

Blogger The Rover rambles...

Oh, hangover...tell him I said hi. I miss him...sort of. I'm sure he'll visit when I come to the city.

3/31/2006 04:58:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home