round and round...

Monday, April 03, 2006

Ignorance is piss, erm... I mean bliss (and happy Spring!)

Yesterday morning my roommate, S, had a CD release party for her 3rd album. My duty was to sell CDs at said event. We left the house at 7:30AM in order to trek it the whole way on up to the Upper West Side to get everything ready before the show - setup, sound check, all that jazz. S, her girlfriend, E, and I were walking down the stairs to the subway and we saw a 20 something guy pissing in the corner of the stairwell. If you know anything about me, it's probably that I can't hold my tongue - not when faced with idiocy. This situation was no exception. S & E made comments like "wow, that guy's just pissing in the corner, OK, not so nice to see this early on a Sunday morning...".

I've been wondering who pees on the subway stairs. Every night when I come home it smells like pee - I hate the smell of pee. Really hate it. It's the one thing I absolutely cannot stand about New York - at one point or another every part of the city smells like urine. So here was my answer standing right there in front of me, demonstrating exactly where the stench comes from. I always assumed it was homeless people who were the subway pissers. Little did I know there was a metrosexual wannabe with a Gotti kid haircut and shiny buckle shoes right in my neighborhood with an affinity for public peeing. I believe my exact words were, "Real classy, man. That's disgusting. I hope it falls off." To which he replied in a mocking voice, "I hope it falls off... mumble mumble...". Lovely.

Enough about the pee. Spring has officially sprung in NYC. I walked around Washington Square Park this afternoon (after my 1st day at my temp job - it went great) and snapped a few photos of the first signs of Winter's demise and Spring's triumphant return.

4 What people are saying:

Blogger The Rover rambles...

And I heard that the ladies are starting to shed their jackets. That means that Tank Top Day is just around the corner...mmm...

I miss your work day postings. I have nothing to read when I wake up.

4/04/2006 01:39:00 AM

 
Blogger Deadly Female rambles...

*sings NYC from Annie*

4/04/2006 06:07:00 AM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

I'm glad you at least spoke up to the disgusting little twerp. Ewww I hate peeing about as much as I hate snot sucking.

4/04/2006 11:11:00 AM

 
Blogger Unknown rambles...

I don't know if it's the same in America, but in my part of Australia we have a law against public peeing. There was a guy in court the other day (I work at the court) who was really drunk and picked up by the cops and the Magistrate gave him a really hard time, telling him what a grotty thing it was to do and how people had to clean that up after him. Heh heh, you should have seen his face, he was so ashamed of himself.
Good on you for telling him off! :-)

4/06/2006 12:09:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home