round and round...

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Firsts - 21 of them


Kristie tagged me. So, here goes:

1. Who was your first prom date? My only prom date - Jon Lewis. He was a good friend a couple years older. My first "friend with benefits". Hardy har har.

2. Who was your first roommate? Some douche named Jenny that I went to middle school with when I lived in upstate NY. I'd moved away 5 years earlier and hadn't seen her since. We ran into each other at college orientation (many states away) and got caught up in the coincidence of it all - requested to be roommates in the dorm. Big mistake. A week after school started I remembered why I couldn't stand her in 8th grade.

3. What alcoholic beverage did you drink the first time you got drunk? Champagne. My cousin's wedding. I was 16 and a bridesmaid. Her sister gave me a whole bottle for myself. Hoo-boy, I was loaded.

4. What was your first job? Paper girl, I was 11. I delivered after school. I loved it, thought I was so grown up.

5. What was your first car? My 1st and only car - '97 Chevy Cavalier. It was a white 2 door and it never let me down. My brother drives it now.

6. When did you go to your first funeral? My great uncle. I think I was 8 or 9. I remember asking my mom if I could stay home since I didn't know him anyway.

7. How old were you when you first moved away from your hometown? 9. We moved from Pittsburgh to Indiana. It was like a bad dream that I kept hoping I'd wake up from.

8. Who was your first grade teacher? I want to say Mrs. Rogers, but she may have been 3rd grade. Mrs. Orr was kindergarten. Hmm, I don't think I know who my 1st grade teacher was. Weird.

9. Where did you go on your first ride on an airplane? To visit my grandparents. I loved it.

10. When did you sneak out of your house for the first time, who was it with? Just myself. I was in HS and I sneaked out to go see my boyfriend who broke up with me a few months later to date our friend Jason. Mmm hmm.

11. Who was your first Best Friend and are you still friends with them? Jill Frederick and I haven't spoken to her in years. I moved a whole bunch and we lost touch.

12. Where did you live the first time you moved out of your parents house? College dorm. It was my own personal hell.

13. Who's the first person you call when you have a bad day? 2 people. Kristie and the man. They both tell me exactly what I need to hear - usually 2 completely different takes on what that may be.

14. Whose wedding were you in the first time you were a bridesmaid/groomsman? See #3.

15. What is the first thing you do in the morning? Pee.

16. What was the first concert you ever went to? Billy Joel - Storm Front.

17. First tattoo or piercing? My ears. Then my belly button, then the ink started...

18. First celebrity crush? Malcom Jamal Warner... better known as Theo Huxtable. Yum. Had pics of him from Big Bopper and Teen Beat taped up in my locker.

19. Age of first kiss? I was in 6th grade. I think I was 10 or 11. His name was Alan and he was really spitty. I hated it.

20. First crush? My diving instructor. I think I was 9 and I don't remember his name. I know he was blond and tan all the time.

21. First time you did drugs? Summer after my senior year of HS. Smoked pot - proceeded to eat an entire pizza. Figured I should cut that out.

5 What people are saying:

Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

I Love Firsts & Me-Me's!

4/05/2006 09:54:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

Ah, nostalgia...
:)
-Rach

4/05/2006 11:37:00 AM

 
Blogger Jenn rambles...

Trip down memory lane...very fun!

4/05/2006 11:55:00 AM

 
Blogger Minnesota Nice rambles...

I remembered George Michael being really cute back in the Wham! days...guess I remembered wrong.

4/05/2006 02:41:00 PM

 
Blogger The Rover rambles...

How did we all miss George Michael? Seems so obvious now...

4/07/2006 05:03:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home