round and round...

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I need a new obsession


Or, according to Huey Lewis, I need a new drug. One that won't make me sick.

What I mean to say is that I need something else to pass my time at work besides browsing profiles on MySpace. Do you guys ever do this? Kristie sent me this really fantastic book that I'm reading, but I can't really read it at work because the break between phone calls isn't long enough to read a full page. It's frustrating to be reading something totally enthralling and then have to stop short because someone wants to order a pound of Jamaican Blue Mountain even though it's $49.99/lb and they want to have it ground - what? If you're ordering $50 coffee I'd hope you own a grinder. Sheesh.

Digression... anyway, instead of reading my book and getting irritated all day I read news stories and then after I've exhausted the NY Times and the Washington Post and CNN I flip on over to MySpace. I check to see who from my HS has signed up. It reaffirms to me that nothing in Pittsburgh changes much. I look at the funny messages my friends send me. I even look at the "cool new people" profiles if their pictures are strange enough. I play a little game with myself every day. It's called Weirdest MySpace Dude Of The Day. For the purposes of this game, the dude can be male or female. WMDOTD must have numerous misspellings in addition to crazy ass pictures, preferrably including visible beer cans and horribly posed muscle shots.

A week and a half of MySpace filled days left and then I'm in Candyland.

My life is surreal.

2 What people are saying:

Blogger The Rover rambles...

I love MySpace. It's the coolest. And I love the little comments you leave me.

6/15/2006 01:42:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

MySpace terrifies me a little bit - I'm not even on it - I got bored avec Friendster. I waste my days on couchsurfing.com though; we all have our drugs, hon.
xo
Rach

6/15/2006 04:10:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home