round and round...

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

I'm going to be the bane (or boon) of dentists everywhere!



My new job entails getting all the packaging made for these tasty treats plus a whole host of other candies. I grew up loving Bazooka gum, so this is pretty awesome. I'm hoping I can get some Garbage Pail (I said Patch earlier, and clearly that was a mark of my exhaustion) Kids cards out of this gig. I get to use my printing background, I get a good salary, excellent benefits, silly silly silly work hours (the Creative Director doesn't like to stay past 4:30, so everyone hunkers down and gets their shit done so it's the rarity that anyone's in the office past 4:30), and I can take one train from my house to the office - and it's an express train! If you take public transportation in any city you'll know how much of a perk that is... especially here in New York.

Random: I had dinner made for me last night. It was delicious. I didn't have to lift a finger and the company was grand.

Now if only I could get this headache to go away. Maybe I need a Ring Pop. Mmm... Ring Pop. Kristie can't have any, though. She's got cavities. Ouchie.

8 What people are saying:

Blogger Bright-Eyes rambles...

As a future dentist I say thank you!

You mean Garbage PAIL kids, right? I loved those!

I had one, but for reasons of identity theft I will not share it here....

6/13/2006 07:28:00 PM

 
Blogger Bright-Eyes rambles...

ps- I blog rolled you!

6/13/2006 07:38:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

YOU ROCK!
-rach :)

6/13/2006 09:24:00 PM

 
Blogger Jenn rambles...

SHEESH!! I can't believe I missed your post about getting a job! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! YAY!!!

Ahhh...I miss ring pops. I'm going to get one for my little darlin' so I can have most of it. MMMMmmmm....

6/13/2006 10:59:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

B-E - I'm shocked I said Patch. It's like I forfeited my American-child-of-the-80s card when I made that gaffe.

6/14/2006 01:02:00 AM

 
Blogger Fish rambles...

Nirvana!!

Something terrible must be just around the corner.....

6/14/2006 06:44:00 AM

 
Blogger Retro Girl rambles...

OMG I want a fun job like that!!
I love garbage pail kids--they are so cool. I'm saving a buncha stickers to make this cool collage/lunchbox purse...(I collect unusual, weird purses..and make them sometimes)...

Sounds like an awesome job!!

Free meals that you did not have to cook are the best!! :-) (Didya have to put out? lol j/k)

6/14/2006 11:21:00 AM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

Oh I would love a job like that, that is fun. It sort of puts me in mind of Tom Hanks character in BIG

6/14/2006 12:20:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home