round and round...

Thursday, June 01, 2006

PSA: Because You Stink

To the tiny Chinese woman on the train this morning: there is no earthly need for you to press and rub yourself against me when there is another pole right across the car with far more room than the one I'm hanging onto for dear life along with 5 other New Yorkers. If it had been absolutely necessary for you to hold the same pole as me (which it wasn't) there certainly was no need for you grab hold so far up the pole that the stench emanating from your armpit could be recognized halfway down the train. Really, people in Queens could smell you. Bravo on the "making your mark on the world" attitude, though. Kudos to you and your sweat stink. Good job. Be warned, there are several high school football teams who are going to be wanting their locker room smell back soon. You'll have to kindly remove it from your skin.

8 What people are saying:

Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

Eee uuuu wwww..... I would DIE if I had to put up with the human sewage that you do. First a fat lady falls on you, then a stinky chinese lady invades your personal space. You poor poor thing!

6/01/2006 01:02:00 PM

 
Blogger Jenn rambles...

I hate that. I don't ride a train..but I ride the bus.

My favorite is when someone who smells like an armpit that's been used as an ashtray and toilet sits next to me. It's all I can do not to gag...and actually sometimes I do.

GROSS!!

I'm thinking some kind of posters on the bus or in the train station about 'If you stink - Use the sink!' Or 'Before you ride, Try some Tide'.

6/01/2006 02:34:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

HOLY HELL I'm dying. I'm laughing so hard it's ridiculous. Wow, those are awesome!

6/01/2006 02:38:00 PM

 
Blogger The Rover rambles...

Don't you love it when you see an empty car on a full train and you think, "Wow! I can sit down!" And then you get on and figure out that the reason why the car is empty is because someone stinks so bad that you want to gag.

Good times.

6/02/2006 01:54:00 AM

 
Blogger L. Britt rambles...

Um...patti cake, don't feel sorry for Melissa. Her experiences are par for the course in NYC. She just has the wit to make us see them in a new light! She's loving every minute of it, don't let her fool you! :)

6/02/2006 08:43:00 AM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

L. Britt's right. I do love it. Even with the stink and the getting sat on and the crazy job interviews. There's no better place in the world to have weird stuff happen to you than NYC. :)

6/02/2006 09:59:00 AM

 
Blogger Retro Girl rambles...

Just makes you wanna turn to the person next to you and say "Hey have you heard about that new deodorant they're selling?"...etc...hehe and drop a major HINT! (only problem is, she may've not understood english...)

Ewww...B.O. is the last thing you wanna smell first thing on the way to work...Oh god, and if she should accidentally falter and her armpit rubs up against you...You're left with something to remember her by, all day....Bllllechhh!

6/02/2006 05:48:00 PM

 
Blogger James Burnett rambles...

You are cold! But you are funny. Good stuff. And thanks for stopping by my blog. I'll be back to read yours daily.

6/03/2006 10:16:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home