round and round...

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Here Are My Opinions Because I'm Very Important

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
www.nataliedee.com. The woman is a genius.

Blogging is a strange thing, isn't it? For me, it amounts to this: I think things. I think things and I like to spout off my opinions. What to do? Blog. Simple plan.

It's an outlet. It's a dumping ground. It's a sounding board. It's a mirror. Is it more than that? I'd like to say no. I'd like to say it's just my little tool I use to get out whatever's rattling around in my noggin.

Ay, here's the rub - I've made friends in the blogosphere. I've met some of them in person. Quite a few, actually. Who knew Brooklyn was such a hotbed of blog activity? I missed 2 chances to hang out with a group of them this past week, which bites donkey balls, but I'm sure there will be more opportunities. Not only have I made friends, but I've discovered new people, new businesses, artists I admire (go check out my comments from the last post and click Karrie's page... this woman likes MY blog. What? Wicked cool.), writers that make me stop and think.

So blogging has become more than a journal for me. More than a vehicle to purge my psyche. Amazing. As a brilliant musician I know likes to say, "A-maz-ing." Right on.

P.S. Can someone please help me get "Freedom" by George Michael out of my head? I mean, I love that song (underrated artist), but days on end is enough.

3 What people are saying:

Blogger The Rover rambles...

Isn't there a song you can sing that will automatically get any other song out of your head? I can't remember what it is...lots of good that will do you.

I'll be back in 2 weeks - we will totally kick it again then.

5/19/2006 02:58:00 AM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

"Freedom"? WTf you could pick a better one LOL
I hate it when a song gets stuck in my head. Grrr...

5/19/2006 09:38:00 AM

 
Blogger kmtaylor rambles...

I often hum "We Built This City" when I want to get a certain song out of my head. That usually leaves a nice big space where the desire to recall anything, even my own name, used to be.

I hereby declare that both of our blogs are actually quite nice. Although your "Oh, right this is what life is" post is brilliant and deserves a special mention.

5/19/2006 01:11:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home