round and round...

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Power Tie

I've got an interview. The organization is a good one, from everything I've read. I'm excited about the prospect of working for them. I hope they don't suck and that I impress the hell out of them when I get there tomorrow. I've got a great ensemble planned out (I'm going to look like I mean business and have killer style - which is 100% true), I'm feeling good about my abilities and skill set, I've got a good resume (which is being tweaked, man it's nice to know designers) and I'm feeling confident.

All that said, I'm having a tough time because my patience for the job search is wearing thin. As I told one of my wonderful sounding boards today, if I don't get a job - a real job that makes me feel worthy and skilled and valued as a professional (no offense, coffee job, but I've got mad skills and customer service is not my chosen field) - I'm going to be suffering from a severe case of ego atrophy. It will be bad and will require more recovery time than I can afford to give.

So, tomorrow around 2:00, send me good vibrations and positive energy if you have some extra just lying around. Really, one of these times it's bound to pay off, right? I'll be looking good and feeling good and presenting myself in the best way possible. Hopefully that will add up to an awesome job offer. My fingers, toes, eyes, and heartstrings are all crossed in anticipation.

6 What people are saying:

Blogger Retro Girl rambles...

You can do anything! Good luck!

5/25/2006 10:15:00 AM

 
Blogger Jenn rambles...

Oh yeah...you'll be great. I'll send some extra juju your way though. Just in case.

5/25/2006 10:48:00 AM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Thanks ladies. Really - that makes me feel great. 2:00 can't come soon enough! :)

5/25/2006 10:53:00 AM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow at 2:00 and sending powerful good vibes. You deserve it honey!

5/25/2006 03:20:00 PM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

D'uh I think i'm late and it is already past. Sorry. Okay i'll use those vibes that it went well and you get good news QUICK!

5/25/2006 03:21:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

GOOD VIBES GOOD VIBES GOOD VIBES!!! (starting now, not at 2pm tomorrow!? Starting NOW!!!!!)
xoxoxo
Rach

5/25/2006 03:53:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home