round and round...

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Eggplant?


I fully realize that my nose is not the size of an eggplant. I know it's just fine for the rest of my face and fits well with the other features I've got. But this picture screams nothing but "eggplant nose" to me. Not "cute freckles", not "nice flower", not "funny angle", only "eggplant nose".

Why is that? Why are we so self-critical? Why do we allow our own body images to get so out of whack that we don't see ourselves the way everyone else does? It's bizarre. I can sit here and get frustrated with Nicole Richie and Lara Flynn Boyle for being so stick-skinny - "they're so unhealthy, why don't they know they should be happy with themselves they way they are, someone get that girl a sandwich!" - and yet I have myself convinced that I have an eggplant nose. I'm aware that there is nothing eggplant-esque about my face, but try and tell me that when I look at this particular picture and I'll tell you my nose is massive.

Women... can't live with us, can't kick us in the head.

7 What people are saying:

Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

It could always be worse.
You could have only one nostril.
-Rach
(P.S. I hate my nose in all pics, so I understand)

5/23/2006 02:27:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Ah, Rach, you are so wise. One nostril would be worse, indeed. I could have a one-holed-eggplant nose.

5/23/2006 03:20:00 PM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

Awww you are cute as a bug girlie! Egglplant-nose indeed! (but you are right we are all super critical of ourselves) :(

5/23/2006 03:37:00 PM

 
Blogger Anisa rambles...

you are so cute! as a women, i completely understand all the crazy insecurities we have, but you look fab!

5/24/2006 09:00:00 AM

 
Blogger Retro Girl rambles...

I think everyone has something they are sensitive or self-conscious about...

I try to always remind myself when I feel that way about something---"People see you better than you see yourself...you're being too self-critical!"

You're a very pretty lady :-)

5/24/2006 11:05:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

Our brains are so complex; our self preservation instincts just love to look for things to worry about. Men have it too. Some professionals would suggest rather than trying to change our natural tendencies or fixations, substitute something else healthy.

5/24/2006 03:57:00 PM

 
Blogger The Rover rambles...

1. I think your nose looks cute in this picture.

2. When I look at this picture, I focus on your cleavage. And so do most guys.

5/25/2006 01:53:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home