round and round...

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Il pleut

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
If I get to bed soon enough I'll be lulled to sleep by the rain. I love sleeping in rainstorms. If it continues through morning I'll have yet another commute into the city with soggy shoes. Meh.

Random cool fact: ancient Egyptians used honey as a salve for wounds because honey inhibits growth of bacteria and has anti-bacterial properties for existing bacteria. Thanks, Discovery Channel, for one more thing to put in my "random factoids and useless information" vault. Maybe if I dab a little of the sweet stuff on my belly ring it'll heal faster.

Excellent weekend development: I built the new sewing desk I picked up at IKEA and arranged my studio in a somewhat useable manor. I've got quite a way to go yet, but for now it's a working studio. I spent a lot of time on my machine this weekend. Last night - 4 hours. This morning - 3 more. It feels great. Like I'm breathing again. It's been a few months since I've created anything and for any artist that's like having a part of your soul left behind. It's good to feel whole again.

1 What people are saying:

Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

I want to see some pics of your creativity and I love sleeping in rainstorms too!

6/05/2006 10:07:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home