round and round...

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Tuesday ramblings

I needed a little pick-me-up today, so I started looking through photos. This one made me smile the biggest. Duke has a girlfriend. Her name is Shawmut and she's got pedigree. Fancy shmancy. He scored himself a real lady. They both have scary zombie eyes in this photo, but rest assured, in real life they're not ocularly challenged. Whenever she comes over Duke chases her around the apartment and she "hides" from him under chairs, just to jump out at him when he gets close. It's really the sweetest thing in the world.


This was the first runner-up in the smile contest. Matthew thought it would be hilarious if Duke wore my beloved pashmina around the house. I am never without this thing. Winter time? Constantly around my neck. Summer time? In my bag in case the air conditioning is too cold. It's like my adult security blanket. Funny enough, Duke happily sat there while he got wrapped up and then wore it around for about 15 minutes. Matthew called him "Mother Dukeresa". I almost peed from laughing.


The is the second runner-up photo. These are little owls I've been making recently. I decided that wisdom is something to be on the lookout for in 2008. Owls being the wise symbols that they are, I wanted to create a flock of them to keep me company in the apartment. There were many more, but they've been distributed to family and friends in the last few days. I'll add to the flock again soon. Hoot, hoot!

6 What people are saying:

Blogger SaoirseDaily2 rambles...

Dogs are just the best! Loved the pictures. The owls are cute too. Are they made of fabric or clay? Keep smiling.

1/08/2008 05:43:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

Duke is quite handsome, but Shawmut is a Terrorista. We all know how I love the Boston Terrorists.

1/09/2008 12:12:00 AM

 
Blogger The Rover rambles...

I really want the owls to be made out of chocolate...

Maybe I should eat something.

1/09/2008 02:21:00 AM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Ha! I wish they were chocolate, too! They're fabric. ;-)

cajunvegan - she is quite the little Terrorista, yes!

1/09/2008 10:52:00 AM

 
Blogger Minnesota Nice rambles...

I thought they looked like chocolates at first too, because they're on a tray I guess - they're so cute!!

Duke is very regal. I'm sure he was the king of Brazil in a past life.

1/09/2008 09:51:00 PM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

The dogs are adorable!Awwww Dukes in love!!

You'd love my parents house, we hear owls all the time at night and see them quite frequently too! They are SO big and very very cool.

1/11/2008 11:02:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home