round and round...

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

What?

I just found out that a couple people who are completely useless in their jobs got huge promotions today. My company is insane. I don't understand. I know corporate politics drive careers and some people are just better at playing the game than others, but this is ridiculous. One of these people took 60 days to reply to an important email I sent... she's an HR director. It involved an action item that needed to be taken care of by her. 60 days pass before she attends to things like that and she gets a Senior VP position? WTF? The other one stole my plant when we were still in the office. I kid you not, she stole my plant and now she's been promoted. I'm so confused.

No cough medicine is working anymore. I'm hacking up a lung every hour or so. Matthew is working from the couch, I'm at my desk, neither of us feels remotely OK. Yuck. Another night of chicken soup. Woo hoo.

3 What people are saying:

Blogger Lynilu rambles...

You really think that Corporate America runs on merit??? I know, I'm cynical. But that is one of the reasons that I left my last paid position and struck out on my own. I simply could not tolerate seeing the kind of thing you describe. The dissonance between those behaviors and my ethical standards. You're right ... WTF???

I hope your lungs have nine lives! Sending you wishes for better health, hopefully before you turn sloshy with the chicken soup!

2/27/2008 12:12:00 AM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Oh, Lynilu, you're so right. I know it doesn't run on merit, it just irks me that it doesn't every time. *le sigh* Way to go for striking out on your own. I really admire that.

2/27/2008 10:42:00 AM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

Honey I will never ever ever even pretend to understand corporate world and I hope to escape it in just a few years. It sucks.

The bank I work for has experienced a HUGE drop in stock, dismal quarterly reports etc and would they listen to my advice which is "Get rid of the rich sonofabitches at the top and that right there will save you millions". Oh no, no they won't.

2/28/2008 06:36:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home