round and round...

Sunday, April 27, 2008

We did it

(image courtesy of Beautiful Union Portraits)


We're married. I'm a wife. He's a husband. It's the best.

I was told by more guests than I can count that it was the best wedding they'd ever been to and I couldn't agree more. Every aspect of our night was perfect. I want to document many of those things here, but it will need to wait until I am a little more coherent and awake. It's been an absolute whirlwind for 36 hours and I need a nap more than anything else at this point.

What I can tell you, despite my state of partial consciousness, is that I would not have changed a single thing. It was my perfect wedding. He is my perfect husband. I'm going to do my best to be his perfect wife from here on out. I couldn't ask for more.

I will share so much more a little later. Here's a preview: Matthew told me he had a surprise for me. He refused to give me a clue further than "it has something to do with a fat guy named David". I had no idea what he was cooking up. Halfway through our reception our band gave him the mic, handed him a guitar, and he surprised me with the most beautiful rendition of "Our House" by CSN&Y with 2 of our best friends singing harmony and playing 2nd guitar. To say there wasn't a dry house in the place would be an understatement.

Labels: , , , , , ,

10 What people are saying:

Blogger Lynilu rambles...

Awwwww. Very nice! Looking forward to hearing more when the time is right.

4/28/2008 01:47:00 AM

 
Blogger Unknown rambles...

congrats!!!

4/28/2008 11:37:00 AM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

A huge whopping CONGRATULATIONS to you and Matthew! "May you be strong enough to bend" when need be.

I love being a wife and my wedding day was one of the proudest highlights of my life.

I still remember grinning like a fool, riding through town from our reception with the balloons, streamer, cans, condoms (yep!) etc
hanging from the car and everyone we passed tooting their horns and waving at us. So silly. So special!

Can't wait to hear all about yours!

4/28/2008 02:47:00 PM

 
Blogger Caroline rambles...

Congrats to you and Matthew. Sounds like it was the perfect day. Can't wait to hear more.

4/29/2008 12:02:00 AM

 
Blogger Retro Girl rambles...

Congratulations my friend **HUGS** Your big day sounds like it was THE most beautiful, magical time ever. I bet the song was absolutely amazing. Wow!!

Your posts leading up to your big day are so poignant, happy and sentimental...Love Love LOVE those pictures!!! Definitely some great material to put in your wedding memory album!

Wishing you both MUCH love, joy, laughter and happiness for the rest of your days
*Raising my juice in toast*

*hugs*

4/29/2008 09:28:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

4/30/2008 09:58:00 PM

 
Blogger Anisa rambles...

CONGRATS!!

I was randomly thinking about you yesterday...i guess somewhere in my subconscious i knew you were having a major life event. :)

so glad you had the perfect wedding...and even more importantly - the perfect guy.

happiness to you both!!

5/04/2008 01:25:00 PM

 
Blogger Minnesota Nice rambles...

I can't wait to see photos, I'm sure you were so beautiful!!

5/05/2008 11:32:00 AM

 
Blogger Marissa rambles...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

5/05/2008 05:52:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

You guys are the best! I confess, I checked my email in Paris last week and read the comments... I totally cried in an internet cafe! It's official - I've been an emotional wreck in 4 countries in one week!

(I'd make an emoticon but I can't figure out this damn keyboard)

When I get back I owe all of you comments and gratitude and mushiness. SMOOCHES!

5/06/2008 11:40:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home