round and round...

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Tick, tock, tick, tock

Every hour that passes reminds me of something else I need to do, something else to take care of before the big day. There are so many little things to set in place. Does everyone have what they need? Have I remembered the details of everything? Can I manage to get all the specifics I have carefully filed in my brain out of their hiding places so other people will know what needs to be done?

You might think I'm talking about the wedding. I'm actually talking about work - getting ready to be away from work for 2 & 1/2 weeks is a very stressful undertaking. Not only do I have to make sure my clients are well looked after, but I have to explain the ins and outs of each project to a coworker who is backing me up while I'm away. Explaining a project entails documenting every last, little thing that needs to be done and this process takes hours. I'm drained.

It's only Tuesday. I know time will fly by and before I know it I'll be married, back from the honeymoon, and onto a better job... but today and tomorrow are filled with tough meetings and irritating items to checked off the to-do list.

Labels: , ,

7 What people are saying:

Blogger Unknown rambles...

I find that drinking helps.

4/22/2008 10:38:00 AM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Chris, I find it difficult not to break into the cases of wine at the end of the hallway on days like this. They're calling my name.

4/22/2008 10:46:00 AM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

Thank God for lists!

4/22/2008 11:42:00 AM

 
Blogger Minnesota Nice rambles...

Getting ready for time out of the office, paired with the catch-up upon returning sometimes makes it seem not quite worth it!!! I hope this will not be the case for you.

4/22/2008 03:57:00 PM

 
Blogger Lynilu rambles...

Trying to be ready to be away from the office is always a mess anyway, but in the midst of wedding plans?? Hang on to your socks, girl!!

4/22/2008 05:17:00 PM

 
Blogger Retro Girl rambles...

Breathe...deep relaxing breaths...Look at the cases of Wine...Feel your stress melt away...lol...You'll get there.

There'll be wine & kisses very soon!! And a trip of a lifetime! *GRIN*

Congrats again...*HUGS*

4/24/2008 10:52:00 AM

 
Blogger Retro Girl rambles...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4/24/2008 10:53:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home