round and round...

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Breath in, breath out

I kid you not - after the fiasco of yesterday's bonus ridiculousness I had to attend a pre-scheduled office meeting. The topic? Stress management.

I swear.

Stress freaking Management. Here's something that can help with stress management - paying people when you say you will. Telling the truth to your employees who count on you. Yep, that about does it.

Instead, they demonstrated varying techniques for mental and physical balance, which I actually respect because it's pretty new age-y and progressive for a corporate environment. Yoga, meditation, breathing techniques - all these things are methods I employ in my own life already, so to know they're being presented by office management is pretty awesome, but there's no way I can take it seriously. Sitting there at the other end of a virtual meeting with everyone else across the country, listening to the heavy breathing in the room as people practiced what was demonstrated I could do nothing but laugh. The expression "too little too late" applies perfectly.

This chick has a solid Warrior 2 and is ready to take her strong body to a new job.

Labels: , , , ,

3 What people are saying:

Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

Irony at its finest ...

4/12/2008 09:29:00 PM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

I would love to sail along with you....

4/14/2008 10:51:00 AM

 
Blogger Minnesota Nice rambles...

"Stress freaking management" made me laugh, sorry. Don't you just love how corporate America wants to help you with your stress management after they've caused you all the stress.

4/14/2008 01:03:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home