round and round...

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

I miss Shell Silverstein

Colors
by Shell Silverstein

My skin is kind of sort of brownish
Pinkish yellowish white.
My eyes are greyish blueish green,
But I'm told they look orange in the night.
My hair is reddish blondish brown,
But it's silver when it's wet.
And all the colors I am inside
Have not been invented yet.


Listen to The Mustn'ts
by Shell Silverstein

Listen to the MUSTN'TS, child,
Listen to the DON'TS
Listen to the SHOULDN'TS
The IMPOSSIBLES,
the WON'TS
Listen of the NEVER HAVES
Then listen close to me--
Anything can happen, child,
ANYTHING can be.


I needed all that advice today. I'm glad I looked him up.

Labels: , , , ,

2 What people are saying:

Blogger Lynilu rambles...

Isn't he awesome? I've gifted my grandchildren with his books, and they all love and read him. When young, they love the nonsensical words, and as they age, they re-read them and the lights light up in their understanding.

One of the poetry greats, in my estimation.

4/10/2008 01:06:00 PM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

I loved Shel and was so sad when he died!

4/10/2008 02:36:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home