round and round...

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Boo hoo




























I'm a cryer. Anyone who knows me knows this is true. I cry when I'm happy, when I'm sad, when I'm overhwelmed, when I'm feeling good. When I'm angry, when I'm elated.

The waterworks are part of my life, sometimes daily. Today my face has been an on and off faucet. My client volunteers as a child advocate in the court system for a little girl in foster care and she told me about her latest court appearance. That sent me into tears - wishing I could be that strong for someone who needs it. Then I looked for shoes online for the wedding and couldn't find any I liked - sniffle, sniffle, cry. Nice jump, right? Kids in foster care who need adult protectors and elusive shoes are both things that have reduced me to blubbering today. What the hell?

I reread my post about modern day slavery and lost my cool. I got frustrated with work (what else is new) and sobbed about it. I went to pick up my wedding dress from the cleaners and it won't be ready until tomorrow - gasp! Tears were shed on the walk home.

I feel pathetic. I think I need some chocolate and a hot bath.

3 What people are saying:

Blogger Unknown rambles...

elusive shoes have been known to depress the best of us.

4/02/2008 11:19:00 AM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Thanks, Chris. At least someone feels my pain. *snort*

4/02/2008 11:28:00 AM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

Well I hope you got both (chocolate and a hot bath!)

4/03/2008 12:52:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home