round and round...

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Ah, le weekend

Tentatively decided on a color for the hallway - cafe au lait. An hommage to our new favorite kitchen gadget as well as a happy medium between the marblehead gold of the kitchen and the sage green of the bathroom/bedroom. Thrilling, right?

Saw Voice & Sandwich - aka The Rover's parents. They're so great. They're the same as they were 15 years ago when I met them. Supportive, intelligent, hilarious people.

Got organic yams for Duke at the greenmarket. He seems to love them. He better... I got 6 for $9! I guess at $1.59/lb they add up quick.

Had a minor meltdown over the wedding. Money is not a topic that I am totally comfortable with. It stresses me out. I don't like the idea of shelling out thousands of dollars for one night. I am super excited about our wedding and our big bash with the ones we love, but I am not excited about the price tag.

Saw a guy sitting outside a vintage clothing shop who looked so much like our friend Jimmy it stopped me cold. My heart jumped into my throat and I froze. I was so supremely happy for a split second until reality set in and I remembered Jimmy's dead. I stood on the sidewalk and cried. Matthew just rocked me for a couple minutes and we walked home. Tough day.

Labels: , , , ,

3 What people are saying:

Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

It does hit you hard sometimes doesn't it? Good you had Matthew there to hold you. Hugs honey.

3/25/2008 10:01:00 AM

 
Blogger Minnesota Nice rambles...

If I ever get married, and it's not looking good, but IF...I would have a big problem with shelling out large sums of money for one day too. It seems like there are so many things you could do for yourselves with that money that would be more lasting, and to spend it all on one day goes against my nature too. I'm sure you're doing this is the most simple yet chic' way possible though.

3/25/2008 11:29:00 AM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Patti - Indeed. He was Jimmy's friend for 10 years. We usually hold each other when we're sad about him, but this time I was the mess and he cleaned me up. I'm a lucky girl.

Sandra - Agreed. I see homeless people every day... I think about the money we're spending on the wedding and it makes me cringe. It's peanuts compared to typical NYC weddings, and even so it makes me uncomfortable. I don't like the idea of all that cash laid out for one party. In NYC even simple is expensive!

3/25/2008 11:45:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home