round and round...

Friday, March 21, 2008

Strung together...

in the web of the world. Every strand connects to the next and it goes on and on. Anyone who doesn't see the interconnectedness of everything just hasn't had their eyes opened yet. Little things prove this to me all the time. Take last night for example.

Duke and I were out for our pre-dinner walk and he was taking a royal dump... which meant I had some time to stand still and wait for him to finish. I heard whistling coming from behind us. I could tell that the whistler was on a bike because the sound got closer much more quickly than it would have if he/she were on foot. I recognized the tune, but couldn't place it at first.

Then, just as the whistler cyclist got within 20' I put the tune with the lyrics in my head and realized he was whistling the chorus to Across The Universe by the Beatles. As he got along side us he whistled and I sang, "Jai guru deva om..." right in time with one another. He looked at me, smiled from ear to ear, shouting, "Yeah! YEAH! Right on!" as he pedaled past.

I performed the requisite cleanup and Duke and I made our way back home. I whistled the whole way. That's what's called a connection, folks. That little shared moment with a stranger. Pretty wonderful, if you ask me.

4 What people are saying:

Blogger Lynilu rambles...

Very cool and sadly, all too rare. Glad you had that connection!

3/21/2008 02:50:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

When I am out walking The Terrorist (something I don't do nearly enough), I run into teenagers rapping 'bout the girl in them Apple Bottom Jeans:

"Shawty got low low low low low low low low"

3/21/2008 03:05:00 PM

 
Blogger Minnesota Nice rambles...

That's cool. The Australian guy sang that song on Idol last week, and nobody seemed to like it, but I did.

3/22/2008 12:58:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Lynilu - Me, too! I like to think that little things like that happen all the time here in the blogosphere.

Cajunvegan - *snort*

Sandra - I wish I would have seen it, I only saw the highlights.

3/24/2008 03:49:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home