round and round...

Saturday, March 15, 2008

La de da de daaa...

Post time is thin this weekend. I've spent a good deal of time getting wedding stuff done, cleaning the kitchen, dirtying the kitchen, cleaning it again, making long put off phone calls, walking with Duke around our neighborhood in the brief moments of sunshine. Tomorrow I'll head back to the studio to hang out with the band as they finish up the process of recording this record and listen to the tunes they've already tracked. Getting to the end of this project is something I've been waiting for with bated breath. It's not my project, it's Matthew's, so there is inherently something foreign about it and yet it's so familiar because I've been around it since the inception. It's been going on in our living room for a year now. The songs have evolved from little ideas, seeds of sounds that end up growing into big trees to make an amazing canopy overhead.

I'm an outsider and an insider at the same time. It's a good place to be.

Labels: , ,

2 What people are saying:

Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

Awesome! You are definitely at an interesting place in your life!

3/17/2008 09:53:00 AM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Interesting with a capital "I", Patti! ;-)

3/17/2008 12:39:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home