round and round...

Saturday, March 08, 2008

Go aloe, go!

I posted a picture this morning of my adorable little aloe plant via Utterz, but who knows when it will show up. The point of the picture is to say that resiliency is a virtue I could use a little more of. The aloe is a great example of what can come from determination, even from the most meager of starts. This plant used to be a single clipping from the much larger momma plant at my old office. The baby plant, who lives on a table near our big front windows, is thriving and getting bigger all the time. It's about 8 different sprigs now. Pretty amazing considering it started from one small clipping.

Every time I get knocked down I should think of how high I can bounce back. Even the tiniest plant trimming can make a whole new plant. So, when I'm feeling low I can choose to grow, or I can choose to shrink. I think I'll choose growth from now on. Certainly seems to be working for little baby aloe.

2 What people are saying:

Blogger Retro Girl rambles...

Aloe plants are beautiful but also very medicinal....my sister once got a sunburn in Florida so bad she had blisters all over her back and a high fever...This surfer guy at the hotel we stayed at broke off pieces of this Aloe plant and slit them open, and put the pure Aloe oil on my sister's burn. He gave her more to take and use that night....in the morning her skin looked so much better. It completely took the burn out. It was amazing!

3/10/2008 10:58:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Retro Girl, I think they're amazing! Your sister's experience is one I've heard several times. Sunburns (and other burns) are helped with aloe. I put a dab of the stuff on my scaly elbow last week and now it's all soft again. Magic!

3/10/2008 11:47:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home