round and round...

Monday, March 03, 2008

I digs me some pig

**EDITED to remove the pork roast photo that was making people gag**

I have a long standing love affair with all things pork related. The pig loves me back. Bacon? Adoration. Ham? Heaven. Chops? Divine. Loin? Yes, please. I don't know why I love pig parts so damn much, but I find all of them delicious. No feet, no ears, nothing typically creepy. But hocks, chops, hams, shoulder roast, you name it. There is no cut of pork from which I cannot coax something amazing. Yes, I am painfully aware that this makes me a bad jew. I make sure that when we have dinner parties where any of my vegetarian/muslim/kosher friends are guests we do not serve any portions of pig. None of those caveats limit in any way my love of pork.

Over at Shauna's blog you can check out some of the most decadent bacon recipes in the world. She's fantastic and she loves food as much as I do. She and her husband throw dinner parties all the time, too. Except her hubby is a chef and she's written a cookbook... Matthew and I just dabble. We're amateur gourmands, but professional eaters.

If you're interested in gluten-free food for whatever reason (my almost father-in-law has celiac disease, which is a severe intolerance of gluten... it could kill him if he eats it) you would do yourself a favor to check out Shauna's blog. You could also just pop over to drool over the photos of the food she makes.

Labels:

7 What people are saying:

Blogger Jenn rambles...

Ok...at first (and even second) glance, that photo looks like a hairy pig snout.

I never met a piece of bacon I didn't love.

3/03/2008 08:48:00 AM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

Okay I like bacon and porkchops, bbq and porkroast but that pic looks GROSS!

3/03/2008 11:28:00 AM

 
Blogger Retro Girl rambles...

I love bacon....and BBQ pork roast...

that pic is a little Odd?!

3/03/2008 12:09:00 PM

 
Blogger Jenn rambles...

Now that's something I'd eat...much better!

3/03/2008 03:44:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

Pork is another reason I could never ever ever be Vee-gun.

I wish I had seen the first pic before you removed it.

3/03/2008 11:00:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

Go 'head and put some pork on my fork!

3/04/2008 12:38:00 AM

 
Blogger Claire Joy rambles...

It is definitely the other white meat. #1 reason I cannot be Jewish. #2 reason is lobster.
#3 reason... uh, I believe in Jesus Christ.

Oh dear, that came out all wrong. Sad but true.

3/04/2008 03:28:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home