round and round...

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Giggle fits

I've been pointed to a couple sites lately that are worth sharing. If you're easily offended or think that political correctness is a core tenet of humanity then you should not check these out. One deals with racial stereotypes and the other looks at mental illness. Both of which happen to be freaking hilarious in the context of these 2 sites. No, I am not a racist, and no, I do not think depression is funny. But these sites? These sites are downright funny.

Remember Garfield? The big, orange cat with the bad attitude and the hunger for lasagna? Well, his human, Jon Arbuckle, seems a lot more twitchy and creepy when the animals are removed from the comic strip. Refer to garfield minus garfield for further explanation.

The pets are taken out of classic comics and Jon is left alone with his insanity. Awesome.



Then there's the stuff white people like blog.




Please notice that the header of contains images that you've all seen on this blog before. Like this one. And this one. Oh yeah, and this one.

Labels:

6 What people are saying:

Blogger Jillian rambles...

I love SWPL, I wrote about it too. Off to check out the comics!

2/27/2008 01:46:00 PM

 
Blogger Brown English Muffin rambles...

ok help me out...is swpl a serious blog a joke or a mixture of both? I read some of the post and just can't get a reading on the writer.

2/27/2008 01:58:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Jillian, you are way ahead of me, girl. I'm such a dork, I had to learn about it from New York magazine.

BEM - You know, I can't tell yet. I haven't had enough time to really get into the author. Just enough time to laugh my tush off. I'm totally intrigued, though. I mean, it's got to be a joke, right?

2/27/2008 11:33:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

Two excellent diversions. I'm all up in the archives. Thanks for sharing!

2/27/2008 11:48:00 PM

 
Blogger Retro Girl rambles...

I think they're both hilarious!!!

Yes, we white girls love Jack Russell Terriers (as shown in the header for that site) LOL.

2/28/2008 12:13:00 PM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

I just found SWPL recently too. You should have just said "both sites not reccomended to people with large sticks up their ass" and made it simple LOL

2/28/2008 06:34:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home