round and round...

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Doggie style

He's so slick. He's styling. He's too cool for words. Duke is a slave to fashion. I have no idea where he gets it. Hmm.

I resisted being one of those people who clothes my dog, but the poor guy needs some insulation. Rather than shelling out big bucks in a pet boutique for some doggie schmata that looks like every other doggie schmata (where's the fun in that? I don't want to wear the same coat as every other chick on the block!)

I decided to make one that suited Duke. It's waterproof camouflage lined with denim. It's even got a cargo pocket so he can carry his own poop bag and my keys. He already gets loads of attention. It's almost impossible to take him for a walk in under half an hour because inevitably there will be people who stop us and want to talk about him. What kind of dog is that? Will he get bigger? That kind of thing. Add a cammo jacket to the mix and it's pretty much a Duke love-fest all the time.

Yeah, that's a fire hydrant he's sniffing. Cliche! Although a slave to fashion, he hasn't yet heard that hydrants are very last season.

Unrelated: This is our fireplace. The details you can't see in the picture are the gorgeous marble tiles from the mid 1800s and the handcarved scrollwork on the columns and mantel itself. And yes, those are boot stockings. I made those, too. *grin*

Labels: ,

3 What people are saying:

Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

i'm just happy duke's lipstick isn't out in the picture. what a rare occasion!

12/11/2006 11:54:00 AM

 
Blogger Minnesota Nice rambles...

You made that? Girlfriend, that is a total cottage industry, you could be rich from these alone. The pocket is of course genius. Wow, sewing skills amaze me.

12/11/2006 10:05:00 PM

 
Blogger Retro Girl rambles...

Duke is such a cutie! That coat is awesome! Are you getting tons of requests for them? You could cash in big time on doggie coats! You're so talented. I wish I could sew like that....

Congrats on getting the creative MoJo back...

I think I hear that beautiful smile, in your post :-) It's good to "hear" again!

Happy Holidays! Beautiful fireplace!

12/11/2006 10:19:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home