round and round...

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Canines and Cars and Air Mattresses, Oh My!


DC in the Fall is a weird place. Aw hell, let's face it - DC any time of year is a weird place. I think the Fall is weirdest. It's not really cold like winter-cold, but everyone's bundled up like it's mid-February. The trees have no leaves left, but there are still some flowers. Over Thanksgiving the students have gone home, but immaturity still abounds in the form of the government.

I digress... we went, we saw, we fraternized with the family. My family. My boyfriend and my family. 4 days of it. 5 nights of sleeping on an air mattress with the tossy-turny-snoring-furnace I love so much. I'm amazed I'm still living. Oh, I forgot someone - my family, my boyfriend and MY DOG. Yes, Duke is a roadtripper. He was a champ.

We saw Kristie (which is good medicine for all that ails me), we ate dinner at my favorite restaurant w/the afore mentioned medicine (who is gorgeous, BTW), we hit golf balls, we ate lots of things in quantities that could kill a man, we hung out with my little brother who is turning into a man more and more every day. Good trip, long trip, exhausting trip.

I had a therapy appointment yesterday. I think it was good. She said the "D" word. It was hard to hear a professional say the "D" word when you've only uttered it in frightened, hushed tones to those closest to you. Hard to hear and strangely affirmative. Maybe now that someone else has named it I can get rid of this mess.

Labels: ,

7 What people are saying:

Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

well, you finally update YOUR blog and you want me to update mine? sheesh, girl.
i guess the "D" word can be different for some people- you see depression, i see DIVORCE.
you're moving in the right direction, sweet-pea. and once you're feeling better, you can shock her by telling her you're considering suspension and directing her to a website that will totally gross her out (see: my appointment today LMAO)
really though, you're still in there- you're not lost.

11/29/2006 11:27:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

P.S. WHEN YOU DON'T THINK YOU HAVE THE STRENGTH TO DEAL WITH ALL THAT IS FACING YOU... REMEMBER THAT DEEP WITHIN, YOU HAVE ALL THE RESOURCES YOU NEED TO MOVE FORWARD.

(you know i wouldn't say it if it weren't true).

11/30/2006 10:40:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

The D word can be scary, but sometimes it's good to acknowledge it, b/c once you identify what ails you, you can find solutions to it. & talking does help :)
Did you get my evite for Saturday BTW? Hmmm...some people did not seem to get it :(
xoxoxo
Rach

11/30/2006 02:10:00 PM

 
Blogger Retro Girl rambles...

We have one of those air mattresses...it's kinda like sleeping on a water float in a pool at times..lol. Makes ya hot too--didn't you think? (I definitely could not sleep on one if I'd been drinking!) It was comfy though despite those sensations.

Anyway...glad you had a great time with your family. I'm sure it was really good for ya to get away....

Keep your chin up...you're on the right path. It may be tough at times, but you're making progress and will get to a good place...I'm convinced.

11/30/2006 09:52:00 PM

 
Blogger James Burnett rambles...

This is more like it. Sounds like you had a fun - tiring, but relaxing - time.

11/30/2006 10:50:00 PM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

Glad you had a good visit and the Dukester is a road tripper! Good for him!

12/01/2006 01:38:00 PM

 
Blogger Minnesota Nice rambles...

Yes, you're on the right path, and I'm SO glad Duke is there to walk along it with you :)

12/02/2006 09:42:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home