round and round...

Monday, November 20, 2006

I'm rising up

Let us rise up and be thankful,
for if we didn't learn a lot today,
at least we learned a little,
and if we didn't learn a little,
at least we didn't get sick,
and if we got sick,
at least we didn't die;
so, let us all be thankful.

-- Buddha

Today, in this week of Thanksgiving (political views regarding the real story of Native Americans and Pilgrims aside) I am thankful. I am thankful for friends who shine the light on the path ahead so I don't stumble. I am thankful for the internet referral service that matched me up with the counselor I'm seeing next Monday. I am thankful for the first of the true baby steps.

Labels: ,

7 What people are saying:

Blogger patti_cake rambles...

I am thankful for so many things Melissa and i'm also thankful you are going to talk to a counselor. I want you to feel better sweetie

11/21/2006 08:52:00 AM

 
Blogger Retro Girl rambles...

It's a step in the right direction.. I admire you so much.

Take care!!

11/21/2006 09:25:00 AM

 
Blogger guesswhat.karma rambles...

wanna know what's cute, pea? i have that exact phrase cut out and taped to my monitor at this very moment. :)
*smooch*
thanks for waking me up last night with the good news. at least i could be a little entertaining in the process. hehe
can't wait till friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/21/2006 12:51:00 PM

 
Blogger Jennifer rambles...

Nice post. It's always a good thing to be able to see the positive...even when it's really hard.

11/21/2006 03:03:00 PM

 
Blogger Jess rambles...

Girl, rock on. Things will get better- you have to experience the lows to know when the highs are.

Such as in my surgeon- it was so crappy what I went through- going through all that pain, not being able to work or really do much of anything. The bright side of things? He's hot. Very nice to look at... and oh yeah, I am feeling a whole heck of a lot better. It just takes time and this too shall pass. I'm going to call you and stalk you again. Cut it up!!!!

11/21/2006 04:03:00 PM

 
Blogger James Burnett rambles...

kudos on the counselor and may Thanksgiving continue you for beyond last Thursday.

11/27/2006 02:44:00 PM

 
Blogger Sandra rambles...

Awesome quote, I've never seen it before. It takes a lot of baby steps before they turn into great strides, but it's the only way to get there.

11/28/2006 12:05:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home