round and round...

Monday, November 20, 2006

I'm rising up

Let us rise up and be thankful,
for if we didn't learn a lot today,
at least we learned a little,
and if we didn't learn a little,
at least we didn't get sick,
and if we got sick,
at least we didn't die;
so, let us all be thankful.

-- Buddha

Today, in this week of Thanksgiving (political views regarding the real story of Native Americans and Pilgrims aside) I am thankful. I am thankful for friends who shine the light on the path ahead so I don't stumble. I am thankful for the internet referral service that matched me up with the counselor I'm seeing next Monday. I am thankful for the first of the true baby steps.

Labels: ,

6 What people are saying:

Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

I am thankful for so many things Melissa and i'm also thankful you are going to talk to a counselor. I want you to feel better sweetie

11/21/2006 08:52:00 AM

 
Blogger Retro Girl rambles...

It's a step in the right direction.. I admire you so much.

Take care!!

11/21/2006 09:25:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

wanna know what's cute, pea? i have that exact phrase cut out and taped to my monitor at this very moment. :)
*smooch*
thanks for waking me up last night with the good news. at least i could be a little entertaining in the process. hehe
can't wait till friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/21/2006 12:51:00 PM

 
Blogger Jenn rambles...

Nice post. It's always a good thing to be able to see the positive...even when it's really hard.

11/21/2006 03:03:00 PM

 
Blogger James Burnett rambles...

kudos on the counselor and may Thanksgiving continue you for beyond last Thursday.

11/27/2006 02:44:00 PM

 
Blogger Minnesota Nice rambles...

Awesome quote, I've never seen it before. It takes a lot of baby steps before they turn into great strides, but it's the only way to get there.

11/28/2006 12:05:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home