round and round...

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Hide & seek


I found something this weekend. I had been missing it for a long, long time. I was afraid that it had left me for good and I'd not get it back in time to save my sanity. But it's back. I hope it stays for a good, long time. But, even if it's only fleeting at least I know it can come and go and I don't have to fear it's permanent absence.

I found my creativity again. We got reacquainted. We had coffee, watched leaves blow down the sidewalk, saw rays of light fall on Duke's apricot fur, ate sushi, read books, went for walks, talked to strangers, ignored a lot but embraced a lot. I sat down at my sewing machine and made two things from start to finish in one day. I saw the pieces in my head and I sat right down and got started. I didn't give myself time to overthink it to death, to ruin it with my mind. I simply did it. It probably seems trivial, but for me it was monumental.

I hadn't sewn in a long time. It's been months. I thought I had lost "it". But "it's" back. To make things even more delicious, I've got a plan for these things I created. There will be more of them. They'll be a nice project for me. I'm comforted. I've found the driving force of my revolution again.

Labels: ,

6 What people are saying:

Blogger James Burnett rambles...

Kudos. It's an awesome feeling to recapture your creative spirit, to start seeing the artistic potential in all the mundane stuff around you - like rays of light off of your dog's fur. That is very cool.

12/03/2006 03:12:00 PM

 
Blogger Jenn rambles...

I'm so glad. I knew it was there. But I know how it feels to wonder. May it continue for a long, long time.

12/03/2006 08:51:00 PM

 
Blogger The Rover rambles...

Yay creativity! I know how you feel.

12/04/2006 03:31:00 AM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

Ah so glad you found your creativity again. The depression is like a gray blanket, it tries to stifle everything. You haven't let it win. Good for you!

12/04/2006 12:52:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

*mwah*

12/04/2006 03:54:00 PM

 
Blogger Unknown rambles...

HUZZAH!!!!

12/05/2006 07:17:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home