round and round...

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

It has begun

The time has come, ladies and gents. The time when the preparations kick into high gear, when people start asking insane amounts of ridiculous questions, when things you totally forgot pop into your head with a bang, when last-minute details make you dizzy. We're under the 2 month mark until the wedding. 7 weeks left, to be exact. The big chunks of the prep are done. Now I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop. Or to lose my mind from people asking me loads of questions about asinine shit. I wish older women would stop asking me what my colors are. They are inevitably disappointed and confused when I tell them that we're having the wedding in a 125 year old library with gleaming 2 story wood paneling and original frosted glass and brass light fixtures, so we're just doing greenery rather than flowers. It only adds to their dismay when I tell them the bridesmaids are wearing little black dresses. I know they're just being polite and they're interested in the wedding, but explaining it over and over gets on my nerves. Wait until they show up and see me looking beautiful in my dress... with all my tattoos showing. I think I'm setting myself up for an evening of unending interrogation.

We decided to go back to Europe for the honeymoon. We had such an amazing time in Paris last Spring, it was our first time across the Atlantic and we loved it. We're going to fly into Paris, spend a day there, then hop over to Prague, spend a few days, take a train to Vienna and end up in Berlin. That's the plan. 4 countries in 10 days might be a bit ambitious, but we'll see how it pans out. If you've been to any of those cities in the last couple years and have recommendations about where to stay/eat/sight see, etc. please feel free to let me know. I'd love some advice.


Side note: Alison Krauss and Robert Plant have put together one of the finest records I've heard. Raising Sand - if you have a chance to get this record you should do it without hesitation. She brings the bluegrass, he brings the rock and roll and together they make amazing music. I gotta tell you, there's something about Robert Plant's voice that makes me want to take my pants off. He's older than my father. That's amazing. If you watch the video below you'll eventually see a guy playing guitar between Alison & Robert. That's T-Bone Burnett - one of the leading producers in the recording world (remember O Brother, Where Art Thou?) and a walking encyclopedia of music. The video is cheesy as hell, but the song is awesome.

Labels: ,

5 What people are saying:

Blogger Claire Joy rambles...

I love love love those little black dresses.
(And you can say at least your colors aren't blush and bashful)

3/04/2008 03:36:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

I will clap and cheer and hoot and holler. And I'll smack the naysayers in the mouth.

(Unless they're cute. In that case, I'll kiss them to shut them up.)

3/04/2008 10:36:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

CJ, what's wrong with blush and bashful?

Melissa, That video is pure Velveeta! Aren't you getting excited about the wedding? LBD are timeless. Even Allison had one on in this video.

3/04/2008 10:48:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Claire Joy - You have neverending good taste.

Rover - This is why you're invited. You bring the Brooklyn.

CV - Good point with the LBD... Alison's is super cool. I'm surprised it wasn't made of cheddar.

3/05/2008 10:05:00 AM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

Honey it's YOUR wedding, no need to explain to anyone!

3/05/2008 02:03:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home