round and round...

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Decisions

None of these things are of even minute interest to anyone who is not marrying me next month, but I'm listing them anyway because I'm so glad (and relieved!!) they're decided upon.

First dance song - most probably True by Spandau Ballet (this will be perfect since we're having a band that plays 80s music... with a country/bluegrass/roots twist - ever heard Tainted Love played by a 4-piece that included a pedal steel guitar and a stand up bass? You ain't lived.)

Aisle walking strategy - he's walking down between his parents, I'll follow between mine. None of that father giving me away like I'm some prize won from a trade of livestock and pottery.

No one is staying with us from out of town. This was really hard because we both want our best folks to stay with us since they're travelling from afar. But when it comes down to it, our apartment is a one bedroom and it's going to be our only refuge from the craziness that will descend upon us in 4 weeks. 4 weeks! So, best man and maid of honor are sharing a hotel room. They rock and we love them.

Honeymoon - flights booked, hotels partially booked (Paris - check! Staying at the same lovely hotel from last year. Prague - still up in the air, but we have a tentative reservation for a studio apartment rather than a hotel. Berlin - awaiting confirmation from the travel booking agency tomorrow about an awesome pension.)

Woo hoo! Thanks for indulging me.

6 What people are saying:

Blogger Retro Girl rambles...

No, thank YOU...
heheh...
For indulging those of us who live vicariously through those of you who travel to places like Paris, Prague, and Berlin! ;) Imagining how incredibly amazing your travels will be, is an uplifting, interesting daydream...

And now I'm dying to hear what your band's cover of my Fave 80's classics will sound like!! Heh! Too bad they don't have a CD?!

3/31/2008 09:08:00 AM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

It is of great interest to me, I love weddings and everything associated with them! You are right to keep your apartment as your own private sanctuary.

I'm surprised you don't have Duke giving you away!!!

3/31/2008 09:14:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

I am interested. Weddings are so exciting!!!! I love your band selection and first song. 4 weeks is really just around the corner. I love it when couples break with stuffy tradition and do your own thing! Congrats btw!

Thanks so much for the sweet and kind comment you left on my last post:)

3/31/2008 10:51:00 AM

 
Blogger Lynilu rambles...

I like the parents walking you both down the aisle. Symbolic of last act with you as "their child." Very cool.

I'll take a moment now to wish you much happiness for the next century, cause I know it will be crazier from now on. Keep smiling!

3/31/2008 11:39:00 AM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Retro Girl - I'll post pics when we get back, don't you worry! Also, I wish they had a record! I'd totally send you one. They're fab.

Patti - If we could have dogs in the room where we're getting married he'd be there, you know it!

Safa - We're staying as far away from the stuffy stuff as we can! Still respecting tradition, but forging our own way. ;-)

Lynilu - Thanks! I couldn't imagine walking down with just my father. It seems like a snub to my mom and since they're both so important to me I wanted to make it more of a family thing. It's actually one of the most important parts of the ceremony to me.

3/31/2008 07:12:00 PM

 
Blogger Minnesota Nice rambles...

I LOVE that Spandau Ballet song! Highly underrated!!! Nice choice.

4/02/2008 03:56:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home