round and round...

Friday, April 04, 2008

TGIF? *yawn*

** Scribbled in my notebook **

Why is it that Friday nights are so hard? It seems that no matter what my plans are, who I'm with, where I am, Friday night around 11:00 is my absolute breaking point. I cannot stay up any later, I get cranky, my feet start to hurt, I just want to be home in bed. I anticipate that same reaction tonight. I'm on the train headed into the city to see a friend of a friend's comedy sketch show at Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre... you might recognize the name since it's where most SNL cast members cut their teeth before the big show. Plus, my personal hero, Amy Poehler, still performs there.

Anyway, it's funny how it's 5:45 and I'm already thinking about how tired I'm going to be in 6 hours. Every time I'm out with friends on a Friday night we all mention how Fridays are hard. We've worked the whole week, we're not 21 with absolutely no need for sleep anymore. Ugh. We'll see how long I last tonight.

Labels:

2 What people are saying:

Blogger Unknown rambles...

I'm the same way. Friday's are torture to stay awake.

4/07/2008 10:59:00 AM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Chris - thank god it's not just me! And you're younger than I am! Every week I feel older and older on Friday night.

4/07/2008 11:34:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home