round and round...

Thursday, April 10, 2008

My precious!

After all the hubbub about the rings we went to an antique jeweler tonight in the city. Wouldn't you just know it... the girl who wanted a plain band found a spectacular estate piece with 5 teensie weensie channel set diamonds and engraving on the sides. It's amazing. It's affordable (surprisingly) and I'm going to pick it up this weekend. It fits perfectly, it looks great with my engagement ring, and I love it. It's worn and obviously a vintage piece. You can tell the stones were hand set and the white gold band has warmed up so nicely over time. It looks like an heirloom. I guess in some ways it is, even though I didn't know the family it came from.

We're still looking for M's ring. Figures. One more place to look and then it's plain band time.

Labels:

2 What people are saying:

Blogger Lynilu rambles...

Wunnerful! Wunnerful!! There is an answer to every wish, isn't there? I'm glad your answer was the one you wanted!!

Be happy!

4/10/2008 11:00:00 PM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

So happy for you! Hey if he gets a plain band you can have something special engraved on the inside and make it not-so-plain-anymore!

4/11/2008 08:16:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home