round and round...

Monday, May 12, 2008

Grey Monday

(Matthew did a marvelous job with the photo I took of an old clock in Paris)

If I'm being honest (yes, that was a Simon Cowell reference) I'll say that today I'm a little bummed out. Today is just a day. Just a Monday. It's raining. It's cold. This kind of damp cold sets into my bones and chills me through until the next warm day appears.

This plain, rainy Monday holds none of the giddy anticipation of the wedding planning days. It doesn't have the buzz of the Monday we left for our honeymoon. We're not setting out for Berlin's Checkpoint Charlie tomorrow. Nothing. Today is simply today.

How is it that before the wedding that was good enough and now it seems so lackluster? I think this is what people mean when they talk about the post-wedding blues.

Silly if you think about it. I'm getting blue because I feel like there's no big something looming on my horizon to look forward to. I know that every day can't be my wedding day, and to wish it were is preposterous. Still, that doesn't stop a small part of me from longing for that excitement again. That small part is big enough to hold sway on my moon on a rainy, plain Monday.

I have much to be thankful for. I have the most loving husband and the best friends I could conjure up. Plus, "all signs point to yes" for my chances of getting an offer for the job I had a second interview for today. Those are all wonderful, bright, shining things. I'm glad to have them.

But, today is still a rainy Monday in the end. So, when my husband comes home I'll open a bottle of champagne and we'll dance around the kitchen and pretend that it's the end of a very exciting day. He's my fairytale prince, afterall. No harm in a little make-believe.

Labels: , , , ,

4 What people are saying:

Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

hey, you're not alone in feeling that- i did it twice! only thing was- i found out i'd married frogs instead of being stuck with a hubba hubba hubby like you for the rest of my life. :) send me some damn pictures from the lots-of-sex-and-sightseeing-moon or i'll hire a midget to come beat you about the knees and ankles with a pee wee baseball bat. uh-huh. i'll give you more than clowns to be skrrrrrd of.

5/12/2008 03:54:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

*snort* Hubba hubba hubby - I'm totally calling him that from now on! Dude, scroll down and look at the posted photos. If I send them to you they're going to take up your whole inbox! ;-)

5/13/2008 10:07:00 AM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

He IS your prince and a little make-believe is good for the soul. Magic, for it, if you will!

P.S. I'm the kind of person that always has to have "something" to look forward to. Yes, I know how to appreciate the here/now but... you probably know what i'm trying to say!

5/13/2008 11:08:00 AM

 
Blogger Lynilu rambles...

There usually is a let down after a big event. Nothing to be concerned about unless it drags on.

LOL! I love the hubba hubba hubby comment!!!

5/13/2008 09:31:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home