round and round...

Friday, January 09, 2009

It has come to pass

Well, he got a small portion of what his paycheck should be. So did everyone. A tiny fraction of what they're owed. He got paid pennies and yet he stayed until 9PM the other night and he's been there every day since... and he's not getting paid for it. This is not fun.

To top it all off, this morning we had a screaming fight (so rare, very unsettling) in which I behaved like a deranged child and he reacted to my insanity. Basically I couldn't get into the bathroom in time to take a shower before work and walk the dog before I left. Why not? Because my poor husband was having an unpleasant bathroom experience, if you know what I mean.

So, instead of comforting him and his overworked bowels what did I do? Oh, let's see... I screamed (screamed!) at him because I would have to go to work without a shower (even though my hair looks perfectly fine) and it's the only time all day I get to not feel like a whale and now I would be gross and unwashed all day and feel awful and my day would be ruined. Screamed. Like a banshee. It took him totally off-guard and he yelled back. He left the house in a huff and I cried so hard I barfed in the living room all over the floor and scared Duke.

The whole thing was spectacular. Spectacularly ridiculous! We talked shortly thereafter and I apologized, said I was being a spoiled baby, I didn't mean anything nasty that I said, and I should not have screamed at him like that under any circumstances. This is how wonderful my husband is - are you ready? He said, "I'm sorry, too. Let's write off this morning and move forward. I love you and you're amazing." Huh? I was a complete bitch and I'm amazing? I can't quite express how much I love this man. I acted like a wild beast, I apologized, and he said it's OK, he loves me. Yet another example of how I am the luckiest woman ever, in spite of the crap we're dealing with at the moment.

Labels: ,

7 What people are saying:

Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

Just hang onto that.. it will get you through!

1/09/2009 02:11:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Patti - Exactly! I don't ever want to take him for granted.

1/09/2009 02:13:00 PM

 
Blogger Caroline rambles...

I am sorry that you had a rough morning. You do sound like you have a great husband and I know he realizes that you didn't mean to yell at him. Things are just stressful for you guys right now.

Here is a positive...it's Friday!!

1/09/2009 03:20:00 PM

 
Blogger Retro Girl rambles...

****HUGS****
Just cause you deserve it...you wild sexy beast! lol.

Been there/done that...and I too, am very blessed in the hubby department. We're two lucky gals. (Not to mention with two awesome super-dogs...and soon to be moms! Hey! We rock!)

1/09/2009 04:45:00 PM

 
Blogger Lynilu rambles...

Yes, honey, you are lucky and so is Matthew. You will get through this, everything that is piled up on your shoulders. Unfortunately this sort of thing happens when there is stress, but as long as you can both remain open and understanding with each other, you'll be fine. Hugs to you both, and a tummy pat for Awesome. :)

1/10/2009 02:03:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

Your husband is awesome. I feel like that scenario has been played out several times in my life, but I generally don't get the apologetic phone call.

1/10/2009 04:22:00 AM

 
Blogger Anisa rambles...

what a wonderful man! you two are definite soulmates.

1/12/2009 03:22:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home