round and round...

Monday, February 09, 2009

groan

I woke up this morning feeling pretty lousy. It felt like I hadn't slept much, even though I got a good night's sleep. I threw up in the sink while I was brushing my teeth, but felt like it was just a fluke, just a one time thing. I muddled through the rest of my getting ready routine and had some water and some juice, planned on getting breakfast at the office, and walked out the door.

The walk to the train was pretty uneventful. I took it slow and eventually joined the ranks of the Brooklyn straphangers waiting on the platform for the subway. Typically the trains come minutes apart, so when the wait got past the 25 minute mark I was getting antsy and really wishing I could sit down. The platform was more and more packed by the minute. I leaned forward to see if I could see the light of a train coming...

And then I puked into the tracks. Ugh. It was horrible. Loads of people around. A young mom with her baby in a stroller gave me a tissue and told me to drink lots of water very slowly so I wouldn't get dehydrated. I walked home, crying the whole way (combination of my typical reaction when I throw up and the pregnancy hormones, I'm sure), called my boss and told him I had just gotten sick on the subway platform. I've been taking it easy since then and I just ate an English muffin. Hopefully that will stay down and everything will be fine.

Just a lousy day. No big deal. 4 & 1/2 weeks left until the baby's due date predicted by my sonogram. I want those weeks to fly by!

Labels: ,

5 What people are saying:

Blogger Lynilu rambles...

Shoot. I'm sorry you're feeling icky. I hope this passes quickly and you feel like yourself again. Take it easy.

2/09/2009 03:09:00 PM

 
Blogger Retro Girl rambles...

Aww sorry you're not feeling well, and had to go through all that. Hope you feel better...and that the next few weeks FLY by!! *hugs*

2/09/2009 09:38:00 PM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

I hope you feel better honey. How mortifying to get sick in public (not that you gave a hoot i'm sure feeling so poorly)....

2/10/2009 08:44:00 AM

 
Blogger Anisa rambles...

aw~feel better soon and take it easy today! i am a throw-up crier too, so i definitely understand. sending you a hug!

2/10/2009 09:46:00 AM

 
Blogger Minnesota Nice rambles...

How you doing sweetie?

2/20/2009 11:10:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home