round and round...

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

He's got an ego now

This morning Duke and I were out for a walk. We turned the corner right near our house and saw a small group of people standing about halfway down the block. As we got closer I noticed that one of them had a clipboard, one was wearing headphones, and one was holding a video camera. They were obviously some sort of film crew.

Then it dawned on me - This Old House is shooting right around the corner from our house and this must be their crew. They were standing across the street from the brownstone townhouse they're renovating for the show. It's the first time they've come to NYC and they chose Brooklyn... in our neighborhood... right around the corner! Just as I realized who they were they turned and saw Duke. Hilarity ensued.

Duke isn't one to blend into a crowd and there was no crowd, so he was bound to be noticed. The cameraman and another crew member immediately started talking to him and asking me what kind of dog he is and how old he is, etc, etc. Both are obvious "dog people" and Duke sensed it right away. There was much petting and rubbing and tail wagging in return. Before we knew it they were asking us if we had a few minutes to help them out with their opening shot for the show.

Watch This Old House on your local PBS station 5 weeks from now (episode 6 in this NYC series) and you'll see the Duke and I walk past the host as he gives the opening blurb about the house and what you'll see in the episode. I'm the blond wearing the black coat (which covered my PJs!!), waddling down the street. Duke is the big, orange dog.

He got so much praise just for walking a few times (several takes) that he pranced home all puffed up and proud of himself. He's been sleeping like a rock ever since, but for a brief moment, his celebrity ego was stroked and he was very lively.

Labels: ,

7 What people are saying:

Blogger Lynilu rambles...

I love that story!! Yay, Duke!! Yay, Melissa (in her jammies!!) !! I'll watch for it!

Denzil Washington is soon to be filming in a town near me. I'm hoping to sneak a peek!

1/27/2009 03:01:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Lyn - You should have seen him all jaunty and proud of himself. It was awesome. Thank goodness my coat is rather long! Nothing like sweats and clogs peaking out from the bottom of a long coat to say "Hey everyone, this girl hasn't showered yet!"

And, ooh! Denzel! Nice!

1/27/2009 03:20:00 PM

 
Blogger Minnesota Nice rambles...

Oh my gosh! I'm setting the TiVo so I don't miss THAT! Heh, I wondered why you mentioned your "celibridog" over on FB - this is awesome!!!

1/27/2009 05:31:00 PM

 
Blogger Retro Girl rambles...

Can I have your autograph & pawgraph?!! lol....

Pardon me, Got any grey poupon?! heheh...

Marley aint got nothin' on Duke!
Can't wait to see it! :-D

1/27/2009 11:04:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Sandra - Yes, that was the celebridog comment's origin. He's still all puffed up and happy. He keeps waking up and making sure I'm looking at him. I'm sure he wants me to recognize what a big deal he is.

Retro Girl - I'll be setting my DVR like Sandra. Then again, by 5 weeks from now I'll be 2 weeks away from my due date and will likely be home on Saturday night to watch it. Now that I think about it, you might not even be in the country when it airs!!! How cool!

1/27/2009 11:36:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

I LOVE it! I will be sure to tune in Melissa.

1/28/2009 01:26:00 PM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

Oh Oh Oh you have to remind me of this Melissa - i've got to see if and I know i'll forget! How cool was THAT!

1/29/2009 08:45:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home