round and round...

Saturday, February 21, 2009

I'm ok! I'm here!

I got a comment from Sandra asking me how I am that made me realize I've been absent the past couple weeks. I've been beyond busy, but I'm fine! Things are good! Don't worry, there's no baby yet and there are no health problems significant enough to be concerned about. The puking on the tracks incident of the last post was a one time incident. A horrifying, embarrassing incident, but a one time thing.

We had our weekly (we're up to weekly now) midwife appointment this week and everything is great. I'm measuring a little bigger than average in the belly, so the midwife is estimating this kidlet is going to be 8lbs and change. It's what I had been thinking, too. My weight is still right on track (21 lbs). I'm doing well. The only thing that's been keeping me down this past week is the energy level (which is pretty nonexistent) and the swollen ankles. I have cankles, people! CANKLES!! All of a sudden they popped up on Wednesday and haven't gone anywhere since. Their encampment is strong. The cankles have invaded and it doesn't seem as if they're going anywhere for the next few weeks.

3 weeks from today is the baby's due date according to the sonogram from 13 weeks. 3 weeks from t-o-d-a-y. OK. I can do this. We can do this. Totally. Yep. I was built for this. It's completely OK.

Deep breaths. Big, deep, cleansing breaths.

Labels:

3 What people are saying:

Blogger Lynilu rambles...

I'm glad all is well. Three weeks?? Wow!Time has flown, at least on the listening end of it, although I suspect the carrying-the-baby end is not feeling quite so much that way. How exciting! It's almost Awesome time!!

2/21/2009 07:21:00 PM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

Cankles suck but babies rule!!!!

2/25/2009 12:30:00 PM

 
Blogger Minnesota Nice rambles...

I checked on Facebook and saw you were still alive. Thank god for all our different little means of communication. :)

2/26/2009 02:59:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home