round and round...

Monday, April 13, 2009

The wheels on the car go round and round...

We took Jude on his first road trip this weekend. We went to my in-laws' in Rhode Island. Since we drive a VW Jetta and not a mini van or similar vehicle with 3 rows of seats Jude and Duke had to share the backseat. This meant hooking up a mirror to the back headrest so I could see Jude and could mediate when Duke got a little too curious. He loves to smell the baby! It went surprisingly well. Duke liked to sleep with his head in Jude's carseat, which didn't seem to bother Jude one bit.

Matthew's extended family got to meet the baby and that was the big deal of the weekend. He was a hit with everyone.

I'm really glad to be back. It's nice to see family, but it's nicer to be home. Last night Jude slept like a dream child - 4 hours in a stretch - so, we think he's happy to be back in Brooklyn, too.

***********************************************
P.S. There's a post forthcoming about breastfeeding and all that comes with it - the good, the bad, and the milky - and I'd love to get your perspective. Did you breastfeed your kids? Do you have a staunch stance one way or another on breastmilk vs. formula? Did it come naturally to you? What is your opinion on mothers who breastfeed in public? Did you go back to work and pump while at work? Any other personal anecdotes or opinions would be greatly appreciated, so feel free to leave me a comment or drop me an email - you can click the link on the right sidebar.

3 What people are saying:

Blogger Lynilu rambles...

I'm glad the trip went well. And I'm glad Duke likes his liddle brudder! I'll email you some thoughts about breast feeding.

4/13/2009 03:23:00 PM

 
Blogger Anisa rambles...

OK.

So I was on the phone with this lady who works in my building yesterday. She says, "That noise in the background is me pumping."

I mean, it was cool - but we are not friends or anything, so it was a bit freaky.

But I am a huge proponent of breastfeeding and hope I can take it when I'm a mommy one day. Here's my TMI - my boobs are sore a lot of the time, so it scares the shiz out of me.

4/14/2009 11:14:00 AM

 
Blogger Minnesota Nice rambles...

I'm sure you know this, but I've read more than once about how good it is for a baby to have one or more pets near them from day one, it actually PREVENTS them from developing allergies later! TOO hygienic of an environment actually causes problems later - in olden days when people farmed and had animals everywhere, you never heard about allergies. So Duke is helping Jude build up a healthy immune system. :)

4/17/2009 08:49:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home