round and round...

Monday, May 11, 2009

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to... oh damnit

I start back to work a week from today. My maternity leave is coming to an end and I am less than thrilled about it, to say the least. I'm trying to be positive, but it's hard. It feels completely wrong to be leaving my 2 month old baby to go sit in a cubicle. Luckily, I was able to negotiate a schedule where I work partially from home, which eases the blow, but doesn't keep me from taking the brunt of the hit. At least there's that.

What's stressing me out also is that we found out this weekend we have to move. Our landlord needs our apartment for her mother (father passed away, mom can't live alone, very sad story) and we need to find another place to live. We have a good amount of time - our lease isn't up until December - but the sooner, the better for all parties involved. We absolutely adore our home - it's not just some random apartment, this is our home and has been for 3 years now.

We're going to meet a broker this afternoon and see a few places, but my hopes are not high. I need to get into a better frame of mind and I need to do it quickly. My attitude right now feels terrible and I really want to shake this negativity.

One last thing - I stupidly ate alfredo sauce last night and Jude has a cow's milk allergy. I can't believe I ate it and didn't even think about the cream in it. So stupid! No wonder the poor thing was up every hour last night. He must have felt awful! Nothing like realizing you're the cause of your child's discomfort. Way to go, momma. Sheesh.

5 What people are saying:

Blogger Lynilu rambles...

Oh, gosh, what a pickle! I hope you are able to find something soon to take the stress off. What a day .... work, house, baby. I'm sorry, sweetie. Have faith.

5/11/2009 10:10:00 PM

 
Anonymous Naomi rambles...

Moving is never easy/fun, but maybe this is a good thing? I bet that you guys find a fabulous place with a nice little nursery for Jude! If only either of my uncles were renting their places out...

5/12/2009 08:23:00 AM

 
Blogger Anisa rambles...

So sorry about all the stress. Hang in there...it'll be OK. You and Matthew will make it OK.

5/12/2009 05:37:00 PM

 
Blogger Caroline rambles...

I am sorry there is so much stress in your life right now. I hate moving, so I know how you are feeling.

Hang in there.

P.S. Love the picture

5/13/2009 10:30:00 AM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

I took three months off, swore I wouldn't be one of "those" Mothers who boo-hooed when they had to leave their baby (and mine was with a nanny not at a daycare for pete's sake!) and yep - niagara falls baby! I am so glad you get to have a more relaxed schedule. Enjoy that little dude as much as you can, they are so precious when they are tiny.
So sorry about the move, I am moving next month but am ECSTATIC!

5/13/2009 01:27:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home