round and round...

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Please Keep Birth Centers Open!

THIS is an important petition to keep birth centers open. Medicaid no longer covers births in birth centers - only in hospitals. This means that birth centers have to make up the lost revenue from Medicaid births elsewhere... and many have closed since they are unable to find money where none exists. This leaves women in many communities with little choice about the place of their births and the quality of their birth experience.

*thud* That's me stepping off my soap box. I'll gladly get back up on it if anyone wants more information, though.

1 What people are saying:

Blogger Sepiatonz rambles...

I gave birth in a birth center and although I did not use medicaid, the experience was one that I wish everyone who so chooses can have. tsk tsk on "The System"

5/18/2009 11:57:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home